Gingerbread Launcher

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change from Launcher Pro to the original phone Launcher thats on the X? I cant figure it out.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Go into Settings)Applications)Manage Applications find launcher pro and hit clear defaults. Then the next tine you hit the home button you should get a pop up asking which launcher you want to use.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
That didnt work for me.
Go into Settings)Applications)Manage Applications find launcher pro and hit clear defaults. Then the next tine you hit the home button you should get a pop up asking which launcher you want to use.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I am trying to determine which Launcher I want to use and which is faster. The stock Launcher might actually be faster than Go EX Launcher. Hmmmm.......

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Go Launcher EX is really nice. I like the icons! That will be my default launcher, plus its fast. However, I wont be able to use some of the new features of Gingerbread with the Home Launcher.

mystik1

Reaction score
I got a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich on my Droid 4, and it was good! But, had trouble with Internet and phone calls when I went out this morning. Couldn't have that...so, I switched back to Gingerbread where I have Launcher Pro. However, I tried Apex and Nova while on ICS, and I really liked how you can right click on icons...rename, remove, edit, etc. Are there any launchers for Gingerbread that have those features and also very good otherwise?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I would say check out Go Launcher Ex. I know you can edit icons on the homescreen etc.

mystik1

Reaction score
I would say check out Go Launcher Ex. I know you can edit icons on the homescreen etc.

I remember checking it out at one point. Can't remember why I opted for Launcher Pro instead. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. :)

r314bd

Reaction score
I got a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich on my Droid 4, and it was good! But, had trouble with Internet and phone calls when I went out this morning. Couldn't have that...so, I switched back to Gingerbread where I have Launcher Pro. However, I tried Apex and Nova while on ICS, and I really liked how you can right click on icons...rename, remove, edit, etc. Are there any launchers for Gingerbread that have those features and also very good otherwise?
I highly recommend Go Launcher EX. It has all those features (replace/rename/delete/uninstall from a long press) and is much better than LauncherPro.

EDIT: JSM beat me to it...I'm slow

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I remember checking it out at one point. Can't remember why I opted for Launcher Pro instead. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. :)

No problem. I used to love launcher pro but it has been a long time since it was updated so I made the switch a little while back.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I highly recommend Go Launcher EX. It has all those features (replace/rename/delete/uninstall from a long press) and is much better than LauncherPro.

EDIT: JSM beat me to it...I'm slow

Naw you're not slow, I just do this a lot lol. And thanks for adding a link to use, that makes it even easier :smile-b:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
ADW also has those features.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ramar

Reaction score
I was a Launcher Pro user on my OG Droid but switched to Go Launcher EX when I got my Droid 4. I like it better, it's actively developed (unlike L.P.) and I believe it has the features you want.

Good luck!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums