gingerbread laggy?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I installed the rooted version of gingerbread for droid 2 but the keyboard (no matter what app i use) and everything else seems a bit laggy for me.

anyway i can freeze certain blur services? i have a feeling its the blur thats so laggy/slow

any help?

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
I installed the rooted version of gingerbread for droid 2 but the keyboard (no matter what app i use) and everything else seems a bit laggy for me.

anyway i can freeze certain blur services? i have a feeling its the blur thats so laggy/slow

any help?

not yet my friend, but soon... do your letters pop up when you slide your finger across the onscreen KB?

dancedroidGINGERBREAD FINALY!!!

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

any help?

not yet my friend, but soon... do your letters pop up when you slide your finger across the onscreen KB?

dancedroidGINGERBREAD FINALY!!!

Yes they do. Its just typing is so un responsive. It seems as though the whole rom is laggy .

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
What rom were you using before Rooted GB?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Stock froyo rom. I did a fresh SBF before installing the rooted GB.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can freeze apps with Titanium Backup or move them out of the system/app folder with rootexplorer or a similar app. Also are you running any overclock? I loved the new blur but noticed some slight lag in keyboard and transitions until I overclocked...runs like a dream now :)

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Thanks about the titanium
what would be ideal to freeze?
And no on overclock because I don't understand how to really set it. Like what to change, etc
Right now I'm back on liberty 1.5 with gingerbread theme.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Yes! I've been having the same freezing problems. It seems like every time I reboot my phone I have to wait a couple minutes for it to be back to normal. I never got high quadrant scores like everything else, but other than that everything runs smooth. For overclocking, I've been thinking about doing it, but what app did you use to overclock? I don't want to mess up my phone lol.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just freeze the apps I never touch like the amazon mp3 store, nfs, etc. and overclocking is simple especially with an app like droid overclock by jrummy.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
I just freeze the apps I never touch like the amazon mp3 store, nfs, etc. and overclocking is simple especially with an app like droid overclock by jrummy.

Oh of course. I just didn't know it worked for the new firmware. What do your have your settings for the overclocking?