D2 Gingerbread known issues

phlux

Reaction score
Can anyone test and see if AdjBrightness fixes the lighting issues with the buttons and keys?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Just downloaded that and will report on it tonight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

negropy

Reaction score
I'm having issues with google voice integration. When I call, the bubble appears but with Nothing in it. Anybody else?

Sent from my R2D2

killalax

Reaction score
My camera doesn't work on 2.3.340. It gives me an error saying: 'cannot connect to camera'. I tried the stock and the blur camera and they both gave me the error.

phillipliving

Reaction score
Its looks like it is syncing. Its been almost a week now.

typoink

Reaction score
After using for a little while, the problems I've noticed so far:

1. Button and keyboard lights rarely work.

2. The Moto widgets seem buggy; the social networking and news ones seem to frequently fail to load entirely, and the contact widgets have visual errors when switching from portrait to landscape.

3. Had my SD card get corrupted entirely; may not have been GB's fault

4. FlexT9, my preferred keyboard, doesn't seem to work quite right.

veetvoojagig

Reaction score
Keyboard lights don't work for me.
Social Networking widget (the 'cover flow thing that appears when you tap the widget) randomly closes.
Can't link fb contacts to regular google contacts manually.

jeagolf

Reaction score
Anybody else getting the problem with visual Voicemail not downloading messages properly?

Yeah I have not been able to get it to work. I have flashed GB 2 times from 2 different downloads. I can't get my VVM
To work at all.

timp

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my physical keyboard. I keep getting repeattiing lettters and skipped. letttersall thee ttime like this. Swype works fine after installing and reinstalling the beta, but my physical keyboard is practically useless. Anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions?
I flashed GB directly from Liberty 1.5 from the rom manager.

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my physical keyboard. I keep getting repeattiing lettters and skipped. letttersall thee ttime like this. Swype works fine after installing and reinstalling the beta, but my physical keyboard is practically useless. Anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Well, I can't say for certain, but often times switching to one ROM from another is a bad idea because each ROM deletes or modifies some system files that none of the others do (usually). It couldn't hurt to SBF back to bone stock, then flash GB. But I may be wrong, I haven't been following the GB threads, because it doesn't work for my D2G, and I'm happy with Fission/Froyo anyway.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, I can't say for certain, but often times switching to one ROM from another is a bad idea because each ROM deletes or modifies some system files that none of the others do (usually). It couldn't hurt to SBF back to bone stock, then flash GB. But I may be wrong, I haven't been following the GB threads, because it doesn't work for my D2G, and I'm happy with Fission/Froyo anyway.

It's been a while since I did this and ultimately ended up bricking my D2 but I'm pretty certain that you're suppose to go to stock first and then download the update from there. After that it will root the phone for you.

When I had GB installed you needed to be rooted first, then the next version came out and we had to sbf back to 2.2 to load it. Now there may have been other versions since then so maybe that changed. I've been unwilling to root anymore since that happened the last time.

andyc

Reaction score
notification sounds are buggy for me. They repeat themselves like a bunch of times when they should be just one and done.

I get this as well.

In addition, my contacts are buggy. Tapping any contact to view their information just closes contacts to the homescreen. No FC, it just closes. It also closes to homescreen if I press the 'call' button next to any contact in "contacts" or "favorites". In addition, tapping the picture or default image next to any contact doesn't do anything. It acknowledges the tap by highlighting the button, but nothing happens.

The problem appeared solved immediately after installing the deodexed GB zip but has since returned. I haven't read this whole thread but I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I'm having problems with my physical keyboard. I keep getting repeattiing lettters and skipped.

Besides the common lighting issue, I've also had issues with the keys. It's only happened twice and was fixed after a reboot, but random letters will be synced with apps, as if I'm holding down a function key. G, H and B would take me to gmail while E and R would open the stock browser (running miren as default).

The letters aren't necessarily accurate but the idea's the same. Very strange and bothersome bug, but again, it went away after a reboot.

Last edited:

TG617

Reaction score
Only issue I'm having is with the backlight on the KB and tactile buttons on the front. They work whenever they want... Reboot usually fixes it but it's pretty annoying.

silverfang77

Reaction score
You can get the lights to come back without rebooting by starting the video camera, turning its light on and off, then exiting the video camera.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
App called adjbrightness (let me know if you can't find it. I'll post a link to my dropbox)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced