Ghost in My Machine

pandorasbell

Reaction score
So I scanned the site to see if anyone had reported something similar and didn't find the same issue in the short time I had to look through posts.

My touchscreen keeps going crazy in a Sybil kind of way. To the point that it's actually calling people, not allowing me to end the call and sending odd texts. Once it starts, it just goes nuts.

I live on the east coast and have been wondering if the recent weather might be a factor. I was out in the rain recently but my phone didn't get wet.

I really don't have time to send it in and be without it for a day so I put it in a bag of rice last night to try the whole dry it out trick and it's working slightly better today but not by much.

The touch screen seems to be dead in a few places.

If someone knows of a similar post, please point me to it and I'll happily read. Or, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Do you have a task killer installed on your phone??? If so get rid of it asap!!!! In addition have you used any replacement chargers (i.e. car chargers or replacement ones that did not come with your phone)?

Task killers are known to cause issues with a droid. They are not needed and you will find that you will also have increased battery life once it is deleted.

I have seen and experienced (via my husband) the "possessed" activities you describe and most often times they are caused by using a replacement charger or car charger. I got my husband to stop and his Droid started behaving again.

OP
P

pandorasbell

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm 99% sure my screen isn't broken. Also, I've never once used a non Droid USB charger. I also switched from having my laptop charge it to plugging it into the AC adapter and no improvement.

And no, no task killer.

It seems to be getting better as the day goes by but I'm wondering if it's temperature sensitive at this point. Not sure. It might just be possessed. Calling several people to say sorry for the 6am phone call that I couldn't end really did suck.

And texting "Tuscany" to a few people would have been funny to explain but I couldn't get back into the damn phone for close to 48 hours.