Suspicious of Spot Behind Touchscreen - Replacement INC 2 - PLEASE HELP

Leslie301

Reaction score
View attachment 47330

I've had my HTC Incredible 2 for 7 months without any problems. I have a 1 year old who likes to play with it, slobber on it, drop it, etc. and I've never had an issue. The other day I unfortunately dropped it on concrete (case free) and it shattered the screen. I had insurance with Asurion and paid $100 for a replacement device.

I received my replacement device and noticed that the screen was acting strange (blacked out except for the home/menu keys and wouldn't wake up unless I pulled the battery). I notified them and they said they would send me a new device provided that my phone didn't have any water damage and wasn't dropped- which it wasn't.

AFTER that call, but before I received my new device, I noticed that there was a spot the size of a fingerprint in the middle of my touchscreen. I didn't recall it getting wet, but I presumed it was a water spot. I immediately pulled the battery and everything and put it in a sealed zip log bag with rice. It has been there for 36 hours with no change.

I received my new device, and within 24 hours of having it, it ALSO got a spot in the middle of the screen! I know for sure it didn't get wet, so how on earth has this happened TWICE when never before did I have an issue, even with my daughter slobbering all over it??? I'm suspicious that this may not be true water damage but rather something they do to the refurbished device to clean up behind the screen or something? And after pressing on it for a day or so the spot shows up? How else would this happen to two devices in a row?

I'm nervous that they're going to sock it to me when I send back that other device if I can't get rid of that spot. Also, I'm not too keen on keeping the second new device that ALSO has that spot, but I'm afraid they're going to reject me if I call and tell them about it.

Any advice/suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else????

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did the spot on the first replacement go away?

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
Leslie301

Leslie301

Reaction score
No- it's still in the sealed ziplock baggie with rice. No change on the spot at all....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So my thought would be, its probably something in the bonding agent they used to put the phone together. Being as its a replacement phone... I would ask myself this.... is the spot a deal breaker? It would be for me. But I'm not you.

I would definitely call the insurance company and being it to their attention.

That being said, I would also say that you won't accept a phone with this issue. But this is all me....

Sounds like heat from the use of the phone is causing the glue to spot or something. On the RAZR we have little black spots on our screens. U can only see them in the dark... sorta like Bigfoot

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
Leslie301

Leslie301

Reaction score
I agree that there must be something more to it than water, and yes, it is unacceptable to me. I can still see the spot when the device is on- not just when it's dark. GRRR... if they give me any flack about it I will be pretty upset.