Samsung mega update caused my touchscreen to stop working?

EasilyDistracted

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung mega sch-r960
hi I'm hoping you can help me. I have a Samsung Mega SCH-R960 that I used as my phone a while back but when I got the galaxy s4 I switched over to that and used my mega as a tablet. well I recently lost my s4 So right before I was about to hook my mega back up I agreed to allow an update. after the update I can no longer use my touchscreen. I looked it up online and saw that this can happen after updates. I did a soft reset and then a hard reset and neither worked. I took it to us cellular being told by a rep that they can "just flash the newer update" on my phone and usually that does it. unfortunately when I went in the guy looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him to do this and was told there was no way for them to put an update on my phone without being able to use the touchscreen. I chatted online with Samsung and they advised me to go to best buy Samsung experienceand they can "flash the update" on my phone but because best buy doesn't carry us cellular phones they only have updates for the newer models as they take up too much harddrive space to have all of them. I contacted Samsung again only to be told there was absolutely no way for me to get a new update on my phone withoutthe touchscreen working now id have to send it in and pay to ha've them fix it which tells me there is a way to do this but only they will and for a fee. I find it unbelievable that knowing there is a possibility that some phones will react badly to some updates leaving their touchscreen unusable and they didn't come up with a way to do this without using the screen. my warranty is done and I refuse to pay for something I didn't cause. So you are my last hope of being able to fix this so I can actually use this expensive piece of technology for its intended purposeas opposed to throwing it in the trash. So is there any possible way that I can get an update on my Mega without having to use the touchscreen? thank you for your time and any help youcan give me.Im so frustrated with both companies.
Erika

OP
E

EasilyDistracted

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung mega sch-r960
Thank you so much! I have no data on this phone to back up. I did a hard reset in hopes of getting the touchscreen to start working. it did nothing but wipe out all my info. Thankfully I had not hooked the phone back up yet when this happened. So do I still need to do this step before proceeding? Thanks

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Only if you never installed the drivers for your device..the software comes with the drivers...as well as the first way to reflash/repair your device! So please do everything till step #6! ;)

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If you want we can skip that part and go straight to God like on it!! ;)