Ghost Armor

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Papasmurf, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Papasmurf

Papasmurf New Member

Just got my GA in. How long should I let it set? It says 24 hours, but really? Its a phone and I need to use it. I was thinking over night it would be done. Like 8-10 hours should be good. What do you all think?
  2. rda990

rda990 Member

I have an Invisible Shield (Same thing as GA) and i let it set overnight 8-12 hours and the next few hours i tried not to use it and its good now.
  3. chops

chops New Member

hey how does the surface feel? is it tacky like the zagg or is it smooth like glass the zagg felt sticky so i got the sgp and it feels smooth like glass
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

It depends on how much extra liquid you used... the purpose of the cure time is not only to allow the film to set but to allow any liquid that may have gotten inside your phone to evaporate before the power is turned back on (potentially causing a short). If you were careful and didn't get any/much inside the speaker opening or other areas you should be good after a few hours. If you used a LOT of the solution more time is better.

You can if you really need to get it dry fast use compressed air or other means to help the drying process. Just be careful not to drive the liquid further in or to push any dust or anything inside the phone. Do at your own risk:icon_ devil:.
  5. chops

chops New Member

hey kzi thanx for response but sorry what does that have to do with the surface feel of the screen if it is tacky or smooth?
  6. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

the original question was about the cure time on application, I am sure he was responding to that.
  7. bacalao

bacalao New Member

I have GA on my droid. You will like that it's much better at handling fingerprints than the glass. It will like rubber if you poke it with your nails, but nice and smooth to me. Screen is clear. I put mine on at lunchtime at work, and had it running at 5 pm when I got off. Next couple of days it gets very clear. Have it now for two months, and I've dropped it about three times hard. It took the scratch damage well that my droid would have otherwise taken.
  8. Papasmurf

Papasmurf New Member

Looks great. feels great. Ive had IS before and it was a bit tacky. This is nice and smooth and was easier to put on as well. Only set back that I know of is that the warranties are different, but I hope someone will correct me and say they are the same. I loved the lifetime warranty.
  9. daelight

daelight New Member

We got Gorilla Glass on our Droids; we don't need no stinkin' skins. No scratches on my screen yet.
  10. gruve

gruve New Member

I got my Zagg protector in the mail yesterday, I have yet to put it on. I would I would have bought Ghost Armor, I would rather have the smooth glass feel as if nothing is there.
  11. JhankG

JhankG New Member

My first Droid got a scratch on the screen. I didn't use a screen protector, but I did baby it. I had to get a replacement and immediately put a screen protector on it. These screens are not scratch proof. All that is needed is a substance that is harder than the glass for it to get scratched. Moral of this story is do not believe that your screen won't scratch or break just because it is gorilla glass.
  12. rocketman45

rocketman45 New Member

I just let mine cure overnight. No problem. It did take 3-4 days for all the micro bubbles and patchy cloudiness go go away. Then crystal clear. Great smooth feel. Definitely resists fingerprints better than glass IMHO. Maybe we don't need screen protectors but the fingerprint resistance is worth the price of admission to me.
  13. gruve

gruve New Member

Check your PM.
  14. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

I'm thinking of trying the Ghost Armor sooner or later, and storing my Seidio case for a bit. How has the GA held up for those of you who have it?
  15. JRFogarty

JRFogarty New Member

No complaints here. Screen protector has been great. The top peeled off yesterday from the belt I use (VZ stock clip) but I kinda expected that to happen.
  16. Papasmurf

Papasmurf New Member

Held up pretty nice to me. Top peeled off for me too from pitting it in the car dock. That is expected though. Very smooth and clear. Works for me.
  17. rocketman45

rocketman45 New Member

I just have the screen protector. Totally satisfied so far.
  18. bacalao

bacalao New Member

Holding up very well since early Dec. and I've dropped it, stepped on it on concrete! Probably saved some of that paint job and the screen from scratching. Highly reccommend it. Also, the screen is a lot esay to use (less grease etc).
Search tags for this page

does ghost armor really work

does ghost armor work
ghost armor

ghost armor 24 hours

ghost armor curing period

ghost armor drying time

ghost armor how long to dry

ghost armor set time
ghost armor wait

how long does ghost armor last

how long does ghost armor take to dry