Battery life since FRG22D

ricks

Reaction score
How long does your battery last? Since Froyo, my battery lasts 5-8 hours. before Froyo I got about 24 hours. I have everything set off, no notifications, nothing refreshing and no task killers.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure as I have an extended battery, so my time would be off from any stock battery. I did notice a sharp drop in battery time.

That being said, someone on this forum suggested letting the battery go down until the phone turns off, then charging it. That just about brought it up to pre-Froyo usage.

stacks04

Reaction score
Mine had that issue also, not anymore. I got so fed up I tried one last thing before calling verizon and it worked. I shut the phone off, removed the battery and sd card, replaced the battery and rebooted in recovery mode, holding the x on the keyboard while hitting the power button, then volume up and camera button. I then went and scrolled down and did a factory reset on the phone. It took all of 5 minutes then scroll down to reboot phone, click it and let it reboot normally. In less then 20 minutes I had reset the phone, gmail account, ect. All the crap you do on a new droid, then my contacts came back, then all the apps came back one by one. You have to reset all your settings but it was a small price to pay. The phone is like brandy new and battery lasts just like it used to.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Isnt it easier to just go to settings, privacy and hit factory data reset?

stacks04

Reaction score
Isnt it easier to just go to settings, privacy and hit factory data reset?
I have no clue. If that does the same thing then yes. I only new to do this through the way I laid out before. If its the same then yes go for it. It made all the difference in the world for me.

aosman

Reaction score
Possible Solution?

I had the same problem when I upgraded to Froyo. My battery used to last me the whole day of good use and after the update, it was not even lasting 6 hours. So frustrating....

I was observing the phone carefully over the last few days and I noticed that the Android process that does sync and email was the one eating up the battery. I could not believe it because my Exchange email and Gmail sync is off. I only sync when I want to go to the mail app and check my email. I decided to remove my Exchange account....

As soon as Exchange was removed from the Droid, my batter life was restored. I just installed Corporate Exchange email again and watching the phone closely. I think there might have been a glitch. So far it has been couple of hours and the batter went from 100% to 90%. I will let you know later today how that goes.

Edit > As of 6 hours in, all looks normal. I am very confident what I did fixed the excessive battery drain issue.dancedroid

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
When I received the initial FRG01B OTA, I noticed a considerable decrease in daily battery life. But after the FRG22D OTA, it seems to have returned more or less to its pre-Froyo lifespan. I never figured out just what in FRG01B caused it; my list of battery usage stats remained the same throughout all the updates.