Getting the bionic in store tomorrow? What time?

Renae

Reaction score
I called my store today, unfortunately they aren't opening early. They open at 9, so I'm taking my lunch break at 830 and going to go see how bad the line may or may not be. She commented that there have been a lot of calls about it so they expect to be busy tomorrow. I figure if the line sucks too bad, ill just get back in my car and use *611....

What are your plans for buying it in store tomorrow? Will you be able to skip out of work like me?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
my local stores open at 10am tomorrow so I'll be in the parking lot around 9:45 and plan on having my face firmly pressed to the glass door by 9:57am :p

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't have a Verizon store or kiosk that won't be busy? I work above a mall for the Coast Guard and down in our mall, we have a booth Verizon that's going to have the Bionics in stock.

But personally, I plan on waiting a couple days unless someone surprises me with it. I want to see if I won the Droid Does dancedroid and I want to know a little more about the Costco deal.

alucard9114

Reaction score
8:30 for me as well there are about 5 million verizons in san diego so if my local store is busy ill just keep driving to one thats not!:p

MichaelD

Reaction score
My VZW store opens at 9...and at 8:30 the VZW sales guy is going to bill the Bionic to my monthly statement & put it in a bag with my name on it for me.
Later in the day Thursday all I have to do is swing by & pick up the bag & go through the *228 activation prompts myself.
This is the only guaranteed way I know to get the phone Thursday & not worry about the thing selling out. I've heard some people have convinced *611 to process a FedEx order today, however that involves staying home to babysit the house waiting for FedEx.
I'm going to do my best to swing by at 9 if I can keep the work calendar free, however even if things get busy at work, I'll know I've got a Bionic waiting for me.

I'm not the only one that the sales rep is doing this for. There are at least another dozen customers that have been asking the sales guy about the Bionic for months that he is billing the phone to account prior to opening.

wseyller

Reaction score
Mine opens at 9:00am. I just got back from there and I got one reserved for me and a 9:00am appointment setup.

deek

Reaction score
I will probably just run to a verizon store over lunch and get it. *611 didnt work to have it ordered & shipped. Lady even checked a few things & couldnt find it in her system. So, not sure how others did it that way... Hope stores order enough.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
Mine isn't reserving, setting appointments or anything and it opens at 10 am. My lunch hour starts at ten so I'm going to try to sneak out 15 min early and see if I can get there right at open.

OP
Renae

Renae

Reaction score
Alright, I called back and checked and got a reservation for 930am. He promised me there was no way they would sell out by then. Also confirmed they have the desk docks and car docks that I want to get for it. Really excited now!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bmwnick

Reaction score
My VZW store opens at 9...and at 8:30 the VZW sales guy is going to bill the Bionic to my monthly statement.

Curious will they allow anyone who is renewing there 2 yr contract to apply it to the bill instead of paying that day? I am also curioous about the costco deal as im a member there too I assume if u get the phone there u have to pay and cant apply it to your account can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance

Gremlin

Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand charging to your account?

I called and they said you will have to renew your contract and have a costco membership to get the $160 accessory deal.. The only thing is I am hoping I can exchange one of the items for a bluetooth earpiece..

Last edited:

bmwnick

Reaction score
Costco deal is you have to renew your contract to get the $160 accessory deal..

oh yea either u will have to renew 2yr agreement, im asking if at costco u can just apply to account instead of paying that day reason i ask is the costco deal looks great and its very close. But prob going to go wherever i can charge to account. (incase i want to return will be easier)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Curious will they allow anyone who is renewing there 2 yr contract to apply it to the bill instead of paying that day? I am also curioous about the costco deal as im a member there too I assume if u get the phone there u have to pay and cant apply it to your account can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance

nevermind, I read that wrong. my bad