Getting my Bionic Wednesday..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's up guys and gals? I'm going to be getting my Bionic after all....I wasn't sure if I wanted to extend my line for another two years but they kept calling me and offered a deal I couldn't refuse, 100 for the phone was awesome...So, if you have any info I should be aware of, good and bad, let me know? I'm droid2drummer and have been on the forum a while and some of you may already know me or have seen me around here...lol Anyway, I'm giving a week and a half to see what I think! At the discount I can't pass up the best device for me...the razor was too new they said...lol But I'm good with a fast moto!...peace!

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

GoBears

Reaction score
Awesome. You changing to BionicDrummer? Believe it or not after using the Razr for about a half hour, I like my Bionic better anyway (after applying the 5.7 leak that is). Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Insidious

Reaction score
Grrrr, jealousness. I went to Verizon on Friday with my friend to show him the RAZR and the Bionic. If I wasn't going to root/rom id get the Bionic. Hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
What's up guys and gals? I'm going to be getting my Bionic after all....I wasn't sure if I wanted to extend my line for another two years but they kept calling me and offered a deal I couldn't refuse, 100 for the phone was awesome...So, if you have any info I should be aware of, good and bad, let me know? I'm droid2drummer and have been on the forum a while and some of you may already know me or have seen me around here...lol Anyway, I'm giving a week and a half to see what I think! At the discount I can't pass up the best device for me...the razor was too new they said...lol But I'm good with a fast moto!...peace!
Tapped and Told!
Peace!

You must be made aware of the Data connectivity issues. It is well documented that the Bionic struggles with switching from 4G to 3G and then you wont be able to access the web whatsoever. Generally it can be corrected by airplane mode toggle, but that is a very temporary fix. If that doesn't phase you, my only other warning would be that sometimes my Bionic fires back up after i've tried to shut it off. Which is odd........But other than that I freaking love the Bionic. Those things are not big enough bugs to turn me off.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome. You changing to BionicDrummer? Believe it or not after using the Razr for about a half hour, I like my Bionic better anyway (after applying the 5.7 leak that is). Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Yup! I got them down to 100..so I can't lose..if I don't like it, I could do the 14 day exchange...lol The razor wasn't out long enough they said, but I could probably get them to give it up..I just like the bionic specs the same..all but the pentile but, hey I'm not too picky..(well, then again)lol since I got such a good deal and being so early I jumped on the newest I could get...And I saw a post where someone said they wouldn't get the bionic because of root/ROMing? Hell I will root/ROM the hell out of it!! Why not? Lol thanks!

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You must be made aware of the Data connectivity issues. It is well documented that the Bionic struggles with switching from 4G to 3G and then you wont be able to access the web whatsoever. Generally it can be corrected by airplane mode toggle, but that is a very temporary fix. If that doesn't phase you, my only other warning would be that sometimes my Bionic fires back up after i've tried to shut it off. Which is odd........But other than that I freaking love the Bionic. Those things are not big enough bugs to turn me off.

Awesome because I don't have 4g here! Lol thanks brother!! I'm stoked!! My D2 is having major issues all of the sudden with radio..wonder if its boot manager? Lol

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Not everybody has the data issues. It's actually a small subsect of very vocal people who have that problem.
The Bionic is a very solid device and will only get better as Moto fine tunes it with updates.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not everybody has the data issues. It's actually a small subsect of very vocal people who have that problem.
The Bionic is a very solid device and will only get better as Moto fine tunes it with updates.

Well I certainly love all the plus comments..It means a lot ..I'm as you may know, a very hard core android enthusiast.. I work with them all day when I get off from my full time job...(side business) and can't get enough..I have played with a few and hear general things, but now mine is aproaching,...well, you know the feeling...I just don't want to play the return game. I went for the top of the line and only hope and expect the same from this device!:)

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

bbtkd

Reaction score

I agree. The few times I've seen the issue, it straightened itself out within a minute. This is being fixed in the upcoming update, though the beta is not perfected yet.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just read your message about this. I hope you enjoy your bionic. Good luck my friend and do not forget your d2 roots!!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
You should be fine.. and if you're comfortable with flashing and such there are a few ROM's floating about as well as a couple pre-release versions of the first OTA update out there.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Once more...From what the devs I'm associated with say, this device was held back because a few resons but one was to make sure it would be ready for the future of the technology...that is why I ran for it...Its potential is in the present as well as the future(strongly) so, we should be good. The only thing about the few things I've heard is the pentile screen.. I really hope its not as bad as what I hear, but when I worked on a few in the past, I never noticed anything to stand out. Then again, it wasn't mine...lol

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. The few times I've seen the issue, it straightened itself out within a minute. This is being fixed in the upcoming update, though the beta is not perfected yet.

I truly think they had ics in mind with this guy. But even the prime is or was having issues with it. I believe its still being tweaked and will be ready before xmas for this device(hoping) and the launch of the prime(which I will buy around tax season)...lol

Tapped and Told!
Peace!

woelda3000

Reaction score
I love my bionic even with data problems which seem to be getting better. Downloaded 7gigs in 3 hours on it 4g I love you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dave52355

Reaction score
I picked up my Bionic with Amazon's penny sale. Honestly, for a penny there ain't nothing out there that beats it!