Getting phone to vibrate when you recieve text?

belome

Reaction score
Honestly, this phone is making me feel stupid. I miss my old 'manner mode' with my LG. I want to be able to setup my phone so that it will vibrate for both calls and texts... then easily switch it so that it will make sounds (and vibrate) for calls and texts.

How do I set it up to do this and easily switch between the two 'modes'.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Honestly, this phone is making me feel stupid. I miss my old 'manner mode' with my LG. I want to be able to setup my phone so that it will vibrate for both calls and texts... then easily switch it so that it will make sounds (and vibrate) for calls and texts.

How do I set it up to do this and easily switch between the two 'modes'.

In the messaging app settings check the box for vibrate. When you want vibrate only go into menu - settings, check the box for silent mode.

Silent mode does not stop media sounds, you would have to go into the volume setting and turn it all the way down.

Blk04Snake

Reaction score
is there any way to change the vibrate pattern? I've looked all around in the phone and can't seem to find anything. I hate the short little vibes and would like to set a different pattern

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Thanks, I was in there before but must have missed the vibrate option.

pool_shark

Reaction score
is there any way to change the vibrate pattern? I've looked all around in the phone and can't seem to find anything. I hate the short little vibes and would like to set a different pattern

I don't think that can be changed by default. There is a setting in handcent sms that allows it, but not on the device settings.

bobby_v

Reaction score

I don't think that can be changed by default. There is a setting in handcent sms that allows it, but not on the device settings.

If you change something in handcent don't you also have to disable it within the default settings?

Like if you have a default sound in the default messaging program, but also set a custom tone in handcent they will both "ring". Right?

pool_shark

Reaction score

If you change something in handcent don't you also have to disable it within the default settings?

Like if you have a default sound in the default messaging program, but also set a custom tone in handcent they will both "ring". Right?

I believe that is correct, plus you get the notification in the status bar for both. Since switching to handcent, I disabled notifications in the default messaging app.

bobby_v

Reaction score

I believe that is correct, plus you get the notification in the status bar for both. Since switching to handcent, I disabled notifications in the default messaging app.

I guess that's what I need to do too . . .