Getting back to Stock

genebean

Reaction score
I dabbled with this ICS ROM but decided to just stick with rooted stock instead. When I restored my nandroid it wouldn't boot so I grabbed the stock boot image from Scott's website, unzipped it and flashed the boot.img via fastboot. Is this what I should have done or do I need to do something more.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can always RUU back to stock, in HBOOT, what is the main version? it'll be listed as "HBOOT-[Some number here]"

Also, moved to Help Section

OP
genebean

genebean

Reaction score
Here is what I see in HBOOT:

*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.11.0000
eMMC-boot
Oct 6 2011,15:43:22

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so you can go ahead and relock, boot to fastboot, and use the latest OTA RUU and that will take you back to bare bone stock on the latest OTA update, then you can re-unlock, and use AmonRa recovery to reroot!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ROM]Vigor Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developersere is the thread from XDA that contains a link to the download of the RUU's, download the latest one: 2.01.605.11.

It may take a while to download, large file, then just run it on your computer, assuming you have a windows based machine cause this a windows application.

OP
genebean

genebean

Reaction score
Two questions:
  1. Where do I find RUU's?
  2. How do I apply them?
I came from the world of the Moto Droid and things were so amazingly simple there that I have never had to do some of this stuff before. Thanks for the help!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See my post above you , I think i ninja'd you on accident lol

OP
genebean

genebean

Reaction score
I think i ninja'd you on accident

Too funny.

Sadly the site that has those files is under heavy load so it will be a while til I can download the RUU. On a related note, where is the "official" place to find AmonRA?

Total side note: your avatar is cracking me up!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Too funny.

Sadly the site that has those files is under heavy load so it will be a while til I can download the RUU. On a related note, where is the "official" place to find AmonRA?

Total side note: your avatar is cracking me up!

I just updated the OP to the AmonRa Recovery to link to the latest version here at DF, its in the HTC Rezound Dev section and is stickied. also check your PM's please.

And thanks on the avatar comment lol i love it too, can't get rid of it lol

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes that is correct, that is the latest version of AmonRa Recovery, better than CMR in my honest opinion.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, why is that?

well for one, AmonRa has the "install superuser and su" option, CMR does not. And since using AmonRa, it just works, and it seems to be pretty quick when making backups etc.. I haven't played with CMR too much yet, but if AmonRa works for me with no issues, why change? Also, AmonRa has been out longer (for the Rezound) and seems to be the choice recovery for HTC phones (just an observation across other HTC forums). CMR seems to be giving some users issues here and there, but, like i said, i haven't played with CMR too much on the Rezound and AmonRa works for me so i won't change lol plus CMR just became "official" for the Rezound last week (official meaning Koush himself built the recovery; i think at least).

OP
genebean

genebean

Reaction score
Any idea what part of this process wiped my internal SD? Also, any idea if the AmonRA nandroid backs that up?

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any idea what part of this process wiped my internal SD?

Hmm, odd, never had that happen. I've relocked plenty of times so I know that doesn't RUU didn't wipe my internal and I've done that twice that only thing that I know of that can do that is some ROM's... you didn't accidentally wipe it in recovery did you?