Get $25 Credited To Your Account Even If You Already Bought The Bionic

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Of course I went on and explained how I felt cheated before he offered to credit my account, but I'd say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose and let us know if you get the credit also!"

Shadez, I think I like you less and less everyday.

That's not the kind of things I expect to hear from someone who's giving us news about new Android devices.

You're abusing the system and hurting the overall experience of future customers.

People like you and your idea that you deserve something because you bought early and missed out on future deals are what make companies decide to stop doing things like this.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
"Of course I went on and explained how I felt cheated before he offered to credit my account, but I'd say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose and let us know if you get the credit also!"

Shadez, I think I like you less and less everyday.

That's not the kind of things I expect to hear from someone who's giving us news about new Android devices.

You're abusing the system and hurting the overall experience of future customers.

People like you and your idea that you deserve something because you bought early and missed out on future deals are what make companies decide to stop doing things like this.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and people make errors. And you are entitled to your opinion.

But for a company to send misleading emails out to it's customers is fair? VZW did NOT have to credit my account. Most of us work hard for our money, and of course we all knew the price would come down. I simply called and inquired asking that since many of us purchased the device less than a week ago, was there anything that could be done.

Being as they credited my account, I took that in good faith that it would apply to all VZW members, and tried to pass that information a long in the hopes of trying to help others save a few dollars. If that makes you dislike me, so be it. I reported what I did, how I did it, and thought it would benefit our members. I'm not perfect, I don't get paid for doing this, I do it because I like helping others out as all of the staff does.

You turn a simple miscommunication into a personal attack on me, for trying to help.

If you don't want to read what I have to say, there is an ignore feature under settings you are welcome to use.

I offered to use that credit in a random drawing in the form of a $25 Visa Prepaid gift card if no one else was able to obtain the credit I did.

I see nothing wrong with calling a company that I just spent $300+ dollars on and finding out if a price drop in the device purchased could be applied to those who already bought the device, that's what 'news team members' do.

The majority of companies in this Country offer price match offers, or if a particular product is reduced within a certain amount of time will refund the difference. And I don't see anywhere where I said "I deserve" anything. So if your personal attack on me makes you feel better, than good... you win!

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You told them you felt "Cheated", that is a deceitful way to say "I deserve this even though I don't", that's why I have a problem with what you did. You weren't cheated, you missed out on a deal that wasn't in place when you purchased your phone. Then you complained enough to them to get them to refund you $25, which wasn't even what the deal was. It left a bad taste in my mouth and as I said, I think you and your behavior causes companies to rethink their plans for future deals and incentives. I also feel the same for people who call and say they'll cancel their contract and move somewhere else if they don't give them unlimited data, or other perks that they don't deserve. You're abusing the system for your own benefit and it's what causes these companies to screw the rest of us in the end.

You can say I'm attacking you, but a moral person wouldn't twist a companies arm to get what they want, a moral person would act like a responsible consumer and realize missing out on these deals is the price you pay for purchasing a product as soon as it's released.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You told them you felt "Cheated", that is a deceitful way to say "I deserve this even though I don't", that's why I have a problem with what you did. You weren't cheated, you missed out on a deal that wasn't in place when you purchased your phone. Then you complained enough to them to get them to refund you $25, which wasn't even what the deal was. It left a bad taste in my mouth and as I said, I think you and your behavior causes companies to rethink their plans for future deals and incentives. I also feel the same for people who call and say they'll cancel their contract and move somewhere else if they don't give them unlimited data, or other perks that they don't deserve. You're abusing the system for your own benefit and it's what causes these companies to screw the rest of us in the end.

You can say I'm attacking you, but a moral person wouldn't twist a companies arm to get what they want, a moral person would act like a responsible consumer and realize missing out on these deals is the price you pay for purchasing a product as soon as it's released.

I'm not going to get into a debate over this, like I said, your entitled to your opinion. So as far as I am concerned, we can just agree to disagree.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

So youre giving a member of our forum crap because YOU cant get the same deal he got. IMO its pretty stupid. He was mislead by the email he recieved. Its not like he had a gun to a Verizon rep and forced him to give him that credit. It is not his fault YOU didnt get the same response.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

phatkat66

Reaction score
uh..... yea.... I called this lady had no idea what i was talking about i mentioned an email and it was 25$ gift card she had no clue still. In the end she said go read over that email and see what it says and hung up lol i got nothing =(

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Here's the full email, if this helps

http://i.imgur.com/EAPa6.png <--click this for a larger image

EAPa6.png

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't have the Bionic, nor am I getting one, but I wish they would have just lowered the price $25 right out of the gate, rather than messing around with a Visa card 6-8 weeks after the fact. What's the point? And it's odd to me how they seem to be "undercutting" their phones all of a sudden. Really... five days after? Wasn't the Droid 3 BOGO only... a week or ten days after launch? I'm all for saving money and having promotions, but make it BOGO on launch day to get that early business. Or have a special price cut for purchasers in the first two weeks... It's ridiculous that it is even necessary to call up VZW CS and "jump thru hoops".

And I don't remember who questioned it, but yes, it is normal for VZW to price match a special deal up to 30 days after purchase. I was mildly ticked last October when we bought our DXs and they went BOGO about 35 days after. I called and made a small stink, but they wouldn't budge. Oh well... At least I had a $100 NE2.

jseah

Reaction score
I don't have the Bionic, nor am I getting one, but I wish they would have just lowered the price $25 right out of the gate, rather than messing around with a Visa card 6-8 weeks after the fact. What's the point? And it's odd to me how they seem to be "undercutting" their phones all of a sudden. Really... five days after? Wasn't the Droid 3 BOGO only... a week or ten days after launch? I'm all for saving money and having promotions, but make it BOGO on launch day to get that early business. Or have a special price cut for purchasers in the first two weeks... It's ridiculous that it is even necessary to call up VZW CS and "jump thru hoops".

And I don't remember who questioned it, but yes, it is normal for VZW to price match a special deal up to 30 days after purchase. I was mildly ticked last October when we bought our DXs and they went BOGO about 35 days after. I called and made a small stink, but they wouldn't budge. Oh well... At least I had a $100 NE2.

Years ago when I purchased two LG VX9800's, Verizon came up with a $50 rebate on the phones a week after I had purchased them. I went into the Verizon store with my original receipt and they gave me $100 back.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago when I purchased two LG VX9800's, Verizon came up with a $50 rebate on the phones a week after I had purchased them. I went into the Verizon store with my original receipt and they gave me $100 back.

Usually if you are in a situation where you could return a product and then just "re-buy" it and get a discount or marked down price, they realize the idiocy of that process and just give the customer the difference. If they don't, then return the product and "re-buy" haha.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Usually if you are in a situation where you could return a product and then just "re-buy" it and get a discount or marked down price, they realize the idiocy of that process and just give the customer the difference. If they don't, then return the product and "re-buy" haha.

Only problem with that is the $35 restocking fee, so you would actually be losing $10 lol unless you returned it and went somewhere else and bought it like walmart or one of the outlets that are selling it cheaper..