Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

bio1.jpg

Ok so I just got this email, and felt very frustrated that they are offering this now, 5 days after I got the Bionic. So I decided to call VZW and explained to them that I just got the Bionic and now just received this email. He told me that since I already bought it, I wasn't eligible for the gift card but offered to credit my account the $25 which I think is great. He also told me the VZW stores themselves can do this. Now we all know how VZW works, depending on who you talk to, you get different replies. Of course I went on and explained how I felt cheated before he offered to credit my account, but I'd say give it a shot, you have nothing to lose and let us know if you get the credit also!

NOTE: This does not require buying it online or trading in a dumb phone.

Last edited:

necric

Reaction score
Called Verizon customer service, they had no idea what promotion I was talking about, can you post the full email so I can print it out and take it into the store?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The rep I spoke to also said he didn't know what I was talking about, I offered to forward the email to him, and for the life of me, I cannot find the email now. I have used my AOL email with VZW for the past 12 years and their mail has been all messed up recently. But alls I did was read to him what was in the OP and explained how this isn't the $100 online rebate or the $100 trade in deal. He said, as I said in the OP, "I can't send you the $25 card but I can credit your account the $25" Maybe if CJM still has the email he can post it. Just tell them what is said in the screen shot I posted, explain you bought it just a few days ago, I did however tell him that I called my local VZW store first and said that since I'm within 13 days of of purchasing it that the store told me I was eligible for this, I should have probably added that to the OP. Try again, with a different rep.. I'd be happy to show the credit when my statement comes. If your persistent, they will give it to you.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Here's some fine print

One (1) Visa gift card (retail value $25.00) per customer. Offer begins 12:01 a.m. CT September 7, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT September 19, 2011 or while supplies last. Must purchase DROID BIONIC by Motorola from our online store to receive free Visa gift card. Limit one per customer. Limited time only. Gift card will be mailed after order is fulfilled. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery of gift card.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I see no mention of it saying must be purchased online, because they are already offering a $100 gift card if you order online, and then there is the $100 trade in old phone one, that's the main reason I called. The VZ rep told me they can also do the credit in the store. It's up to you to try it, it worked for me, I got mine at the store. I'll post a picture of my statement when it comes. If its to much of a hassle, then don't bother. I just figured since they gave it to me I would share the info.

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That was at the bottom of that email

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

You are right. Regardless, they went ahead and credited my account. I think the clincher was me saying that vz store said I was eligible for it and the rep just went a long with it. Ya never know till you try, I would still call them and tell them the same story I gave. If no one else manages this by the deadline mentioned, I'll use my $25 credit in a drawing here for someone to win a $25 Visa Prepaid card.

Stories

Reaction score
The VZW rep I talked to said this is not a Verizon promotion but a Motorola-specific promotion. He said he saw no mention of this in the VZW promotions page, but he did say if this was a VZW promotion, he could have easily given me a credit. He suggested calling Motorola directly and emailing them a copy of a receipt so I could receive a gift card.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The VZW rep I talked to said this is not a Verizon promotion but a Motorola-specific promotion. He said he saw no mention of this in the VZW promotions page, but he did say if this was a VZW promotion, he could have easily given me a credit. He suggested calling Motorola directly and emailing them a copy of a receipt so I could receive a gift card.

Thats weird... cause the vz guy is the one who credited it to me. But I'd say go for it and let us know..