genius button?

Is T-Mobiles genius button, genius?

• No, the search button is gold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the genius button would be great.

• A and B stink, that space would be wasted with either.

• Total voters
J

Johnly

Is T-Mobile up to something good? Is a genius button better than a static search button? I never use the search button, but if it went to voice search, maybe?

Rymanh24

Reaction score
Yeah when I saw that commercial, I was like, "Wait a minute, doesn't my search button on the droid do the same exact thing."

OP
J

Johnly

Yeah when I saw that commercial, I was like, "Wait a minute, doesn't my search button on the droid do the same exact thing."
If you hold down on it, it does (I just learned that tonight) but what if it went strait to voice search? Does it?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Seriously, they are the same thing. Calling it a "genius button" is just a gimmick by T-Mobile. I guess it is a good idea though, because not enough of us use the search button. It is a pretty powerful feature of Android.

EDIT: So... I guess none of the answers in the poll are really correct haha

OP
J

Johnly

Seriously, they are the same thing. Calling it a "genius button" is just a gimmick by T-Mobile. I guess it is a good idea though, because not enough of us use the search button. It is a pretty powerful feature of Android.

EDIT: So... I guess none of the answers in the poll are really correct haha
lol, you are so right. poll is fail, but I think answer 3 has some gravity.

joker402

Reaction score
Its the same thing as our search button just diffrent name.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
The only thing that makes it "genius" is that tmobile worked together with the Dragon Naturally Speaking makers to make it recognize voices easier and understand them better. if you don't know what Dragon Naturally Speaking is it is a program for your computer where when you speak it types up exactly what you say. It is pretty good from what i've heard. And the button doesn't just do voice searches you could say "send message to john, i will meet you up for pizza later" That is what you could do with it but one of the reviews i read said it didn't work that well.

joker402

Reaction score
ma bad lol, quick start posting mel ginson's tapes to save the thread!!!