General review, complaints, and info

jra4110

Reaction score
I have been experiencing the exact same issues with syncing Google. I was told that an update would be sent to my handset in the near future. Not exactly the pinpoint answer I was hoping for. I'm pretty frustrated with this issue because without the Google account syncing many features on my brand new phone will not function (marketplace, calendar, contacts etc...)!

panda81

Reaction score
Thunderbolt giving off a lot of heat?

Hi everyone,

My Thunderbolt appears to be giving off a lot of heat. Since this is my first smartphone, I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence for all smartphones or at least the Thunderbolt. I feel like the phone gives off a lot of heat even when it's not being used (i.e., sitting my pocket). The LTE is always on, but normally I leave the other settings off (Wifi, GPS, etc.). I didn't download any app to track the temperature of the phone, but sometimes it feels like I have a mini oven in my pocket because of the phone's heat.

Can anyone share if this sounds normal or not?

Thanks in advance!

(By the way, apologies if this is a repost - I posted the same question earlier over an hour ago, but it doesn't look like the thread was posted)

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have three e mail accounts that are sync'ing...two are push accounts and one checks for messages every 30 minutes.

For widgets I just have the HTC clock and weather running.

WiFi and GPS are both off.

To exit programs I use the back button mainly.

Full charge today lasted just under 4 hours. I am thinking that I either have a bad unit or bad battery?

want a droid

Reaction score
If you have WiFi accessible, use it. WiFi uses less battery than 4G/3G. Also you can leave GPS turned on. The GPS is only used when you open an app that requires it. Having GPS on will not negatively effect battery.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I'm having a different problem, but it is related to syncing with Google.

I can sync to Google mail just fine. I can even sync my calendar.

I also run an Exchange account where I set my Exchange email as the default and the calendar and contacts sync too.

When I do my first sync I get a list of suggested links between the Google contacts and the Exchange contacts. If I select all the suggested links and then sync I get a fail. The error is in the notification bar and on the Exchange Contacts Sync results and says Unable to Connect to Server.

If I sync without ever linking those contacts everything works great. If I select one contact to link between Google and Exchange and resync it fails and will not sync again even if I delete that link. I have to delete the Exchange account and re-enter it and then it syncs fine again.

If I were you I would try deleteing the Google account, then sync it again...but do not link any contacts. Facebook did the same thing to me but I did not even set up the Facebook account the second time around (I've renetered all my accounts and did about 8 factory data resets trying to figure this one out).

Nate

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Smartphones generate a fair bit of heat. Unless it's feeling oddly hot(read: burning), then it's generally nothing to be worried about.

Gillmatic

Reaction score
Well atvleast I know I'm not the only one. It is inconvenient, but with these things being so new problems should be expected.

funkyb

Reaction score
Yea this gets warm charging, but seem par for the course.