GB is bittersweet for me..

acbrown24

Reaction score
Ever since the OTA my phone has been having random reboots, the physical keyboard won't light up, it freezes, it sort of bricks itself, where the only way to restart it is to pull the battery. Has anyone else experiences these problems?

666ogre666

Reaction score
I had this for early builds of GB a couple months ago on my D1 and through constant dev tweaking its been worked out. It seems that it was a memory problem because of GB's aggresive task killer. If your not adverse to flashing a custom rom I would reccomend that as it will most likely fix all your problems. Never used Simply Stunning on the X or 2 but his rom for the D1 is amazing so I would assume his work on the D2 would be top notch as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
That's a nice assumption, considering the D2G is locked, and there are no completely custom ROMs for it.

There is just no ROM for the D2G by the name of “simply stunning”.

666ogre666

Reaction score
Yea search showed me that there is no SS rom for the D2G, I guess I just read it for the regular D2 however there are gingerbread roms out there for it, one I found through a simple google search was VenusX which since I have the OG I could not try and test however my statement is still correct that a rom would fix memory problems. Just because its not AOSP does not mean its not good. Plenty of great roms have been built off of a release, Petes Bugless Beast for the OG was originally not built from source, Liberty rom for the X was originally not built from source along with many others. There is still room for plenty of tweaks in a not from source rom. And remember I was being helpful and providing knowledge I have gained from a couple years of android experience.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The DROID2 is also locked.

The ROMs currently available for the DROID2 GLOBAL based on the Gingerbrnead kernel aren't at all stable yet.

That VenusX ROM you mentioned is a kang; it was just a rip-off of Apex with some files replaced (if any at all). The thread related to it on RW was locked very quickly. See Apex vs. VenusX for more information.

666ogre666

Reaction score
So I may not know which roms are good or which version is which but I do know that there is an exploit that enable the use of AOSP roms such as CM7 for the D2 and possibly the D2G called 2nd init which essentially hijacks the boot process and let's source roms boot. This was developed by CVPCS and is used in many roms for the X and the D2 so by saying the D2 is locked your really not saying much. And anyways, we are straying from the original post, regardless of the amount of custom roms for the D2G if there are any good GB roms for it then they should fix the OOM problems whether or not they are AOSP.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There are no pure AOSP ROMs. All of them have to use the stock kernel and modules.

Almost all current 2nd init Gingerbread-based ROMs (CM7 and MIUI) are considered unstable. I already mentioned it in my above post.

I can't really call a ROM “good” if the wifi is almost non-functioning, and GSM is unavailable at all.

leobg

Reaction score
Ever since the OTA my phone has been having random reboots, the physical keyboard won't light up, it freezes, it sort of bricks itself, where the only way to restart it is to pull the battery. Has anyone else experiences these problems?

Have you ever cleaned data (factory reset) since the update? If not I strongly recommend you to try this.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
I don't have any of the issues you named off besides the keyboard randomnly not lighting and it drives me nuts..something you didn't name off that I was having issues with was the blur home tends to lag after a little while of use and resets my wallpaper..thank god for adw ex! The developers for Adw, launcher pro and go launcher need to teach motorola a few tricks..or at least how to do the tricks right...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Bigbunny

Reaction score
I have been having the reboots too. Did the factory reset and it's not happening as much, but still enough to annoy me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums