GB .596 Rooted Droid Overclocker Problem

kvnm85

Reaction score
Im not the guy that would know how to fix it but if you have a nandroid where DROID overclock was previously running properly on gingerbread then maybe you can do a restore back to that point and redo the install of. 596 with out wiping

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
I think what I'm gonna do is reinstall the 596 on top of the 596 I'm on right now. Maybe at that point it will take. Right now my issue is getting the .zip as I'm gonna be solely on my phone fri the next couple of days. I'm thinking the issue might be from this 2 part upgrade from froyo. Not sure why though.

kvnm85

Reaction score
Yeah give it a shot report back with your findings

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Alright! Just got back home today and did a "check for updates" in App Brain and it detected an update for Droid Overclocker (to version 2.1.7). I made the update and now it works fine. So there must have been some glitch with some phones due to Gingerbread since the only thing it said was new with this version was that it was to work with Droid X Gingerbread better.

kvnm85

Reaction score
Glad you got it going!

serx7

Reaction score
Alright! Just got back home today and did a "check for updates" in App Brain and it detected an update for Droid Overclocker (to version 2.1.7). I made the update and now it works fine. So there must have been some glitch with some phones due to Gingerbread since the only thing it said was new with this version was that it was to work with Droid X Gingerbread better.

Out of curiosity... after you have your Droid Overclock set the way you used to have it, and assuming you then set up certain OC'g parameters On Boot, can you let us know if the settings stick, after a hard reboot?

I am running .596 deodexed now and see the following behavior:

Upon hard reboot, the Interactive/Conservative/Smartass governors intermittently become disabled. The clock speed/vsel always revert to the following:

Slot1: 300MHz, 33V
Slot2: 600MHz, 48V
Slot3: 800MHz, 58V
Slot4: 1000MHz, 62V

I have no profiles defined. This happens when I select predefined CPU Frequency Scaling (I usually select ULV 1.2GHz or 1.25GHz), as well as when I use a Custom Preset.

This also happened when I previously went from .595 deodexed to .596 deodexed. I then SBF'd, did the 2-part upgrade to .596 odexed, saw the same Droid OC behavior, then flashed the .596 deodexed file and still see the same behavior.

I've tried clearing Droid OC data, also tried uninstalling then reinstalling, but see the same results each time.

Side note: Sysctl settings seem to get cleared upon hard reboot as well, as seen in Terminal emulator w/ sysctl -a | grep vm

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would use quickclock advanced for cpu settings and droid overclock for governor settings. Works great for me

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
Hmmm. That is interesting! You're right! Mine is doing the same thing. I'm thinking for some reason GB .596 isn't holding the settings some how.