Gasp! JB update says Instagram no longer compatible w/device any alternatives??please

bohemouth

Reaction score
I WAS loving my jellybean update, took a little while for it to settle into my phone after an FDR. Everything came back as usual....except! Instagram! I would compromise for a little less speed and less new dumb apps like Zappo's. To have my instagram back,(almost went back to ICS for that!) It was the only camera I used on my droid Maxx HD.

Alas.....I have found an alternative on google play store, with a 4.6 user rating. The only thing I don't like about it, is in the list of permissions is it says it does not allow your phone to sleep. From what I have learned so far from having this phone is that apps that don't let your phone sleep are a huge battery gulper, Am I right in this assumption?

So my questions are, 1.) Is it not a good idea to get apps that don't let your phone sleep? what does that mean? 2) Anyone know of any different fun camera apps that can be shared w/facebook and the like? also that can be put on the SD card.

Thanks for reading my whining.