Gameloft games-Can they use keyboard and D-pad?

gwlaw99

Reaction score
If they can, can the keyboard keys be remapped? Would love to use my gamegripper.

Diordna

Reaction score
I'd love to get NOVA and use the gamegripper!

I had pretty bad controlling experience with just the screen by just playing toon warz...
I feel like these FPS games would be the same

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
nova is better to control as toonwarz in my opinion. reacts better. sandstorm reacts not as good as nova. but i really would love move with WASD and move around with touch. maybe with an update.

metalblood

Reaction score
That's a bummer. I'm not a big fan of touch controls on shooters. A few games I played on my friends iPhone worked decently (call of duty zombies and resident evil degeneration ) but the fact that my fingers are on the screen is kind of annoying. Toonwarz is pretty much unplayable. But I'll give Nova a try I guess.

solar

Reaction score
at least with toon wars, you can use the dpad. I move with the screen "stick" and aim and shoot with the dpad. it works better,but i'm not really a fan of touch controls either. You just can emulate the feeling of physical buttons not matter how reactive the touch is. I wish more games had the ability to map to the keyboard. at least some devs are good and wil add the controls, like the zenonia dev did. I doubt gameloft gives a rats though....

metalblood

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that with toonwarz but it didn't work good enough for me. Hopefully in polarbits future fps games they'll add key mapping. I thought the touch controls on zenonia worked pretty good, but I prefer the keyboard. Gameloft just doesn't seem very customer friendly. I mean they haven't put these games in the market which I find extremely annoying and ridiculous. The games look amazing, especially Nova and modern combat, even though they are obvious halo and modern warfare ripoffs. But for me it all comes down to controls. I'm not buying these games until I've tried them out or get a strong recommendation from someone who feels the same way I do about touch controls. And not until I can get them straight from the market.

td854

Reaction score
The touch controls for sandstorm and NOVA really aren't that bad, they'd be perfect if the multi touch (or whatever programming the games use for multi touch) wasn't a little buggy. Sometimes I'll be going left and trying to shoot and what not and it will just do something completely different like move the joystick to a place between my two fingers... not sure why, seems to work better if i apply more force with my joystick thumb. If you turn off the aim helper thing i'm pretty sure it'd be damn near impossible at first, or if you turned the difficulty up, but honestly they could have done a LOT worse (like the quake 2 and 3 ports.)

If I had my choice though, I'd much rather use a zeemote in my left hand and the aim/shoot/grenade by touch, but that's just me. Chances of a developer supporting a third party accessory in addition to developing games for so many platforms (android, ipad, iphone, ipod, other smartphones) just doesn't seem likely.

solar

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that with toonwarz but it didn't work good enough for me. Hopefully in polarbits future fps games they'll add key mapping. I thought the touch controls on zenonia worked pretty good, but I prefer the keyboard. Gameloft just doesn't seem very customer friendly. I mean they haven't put these games in the market which I find extremely annoying and ridiculous. The games look amazing, especially Nova and modern combat, even though they are obvious halo and modern warfare ripoffs. But for me it all comes down to controls. I'm not buying these games until I've tried them out or get a strong recommendation from someone who feels the same way I do about touch controls. And not until I can get them straight from the market.

I agree, hard keys are the wayto go for sure. You're right about zenonia though, the touch isn't too bad, but I keep using the dpad anyway. I just like it better. I also agree about the gameloft stuff. If they want to sell to us, they better put their games in the market where people can get refunds, are able to reinstall thei apps if the remove them, etc.

Diordna

Reaction score
Yeah the controls aren't to bad for NOVA and Modern Combat. It is a little annoying with the multitouch, like when you are walking and looking around at the same time.. it's a little weird sometimes. It's not bad though overall.
Anyone else played online with NOVA?? I did once, I suck! :)
People are gay, out of no where I get rocketed! Sounds just like Halo sometimes lol

But not going to lie, it feels great when you kill somebody!