Galaxy Tab Preview

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;TNUhmV6usGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNUhmV6usGA[/video]

After yesterdays long iPad thread, I think it's fair us to shift the attention the the upcoming Galaxy Tab that will also be available for Verizon. The Galaxy Tab is part of the whole new line of devices Samsung has been producing, and it even brings some great new features over the iPad.
This new tab will have Android, a sexy Gorilla Glass 7 inch capacitive display, front and rear facing camera, thinner then the iPad, Verizon 3G (along with T-mobile, Sprint, and Att). The other software features are applications pre made for the huge screens, optimized slandered Android, not to mention its own app store.

204779-chart-galaxy-ipad-2_original.gif

This new tab should bring some attention away from the iOS device coming to Verizon. Do you think with Verizon's Droid affiliation, the Tab will sell more than the Pad? Let us know.

Don't forget to check out the Android Tablet Forum if your interested in Tablets.

Via: Phandroid, PCWorld

Big_Ron

Reaction score
I really hope they come out with a Wi-Fi model only. it would be great to have around teh house laying on the coffee tabel.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I feel that if I have one of those, I wouldn't be using my phone much at all. It seems kind of redundant to have both a Droid phone and that unless you have an early Android phone still on 1.6 or something. But me having a DroidX, I don't see much use for that.

Maybe if I read books a lot, it would be nice for that. But I have a Desktop, Laptop and my DX. I just don't see much use for it in my life, though i can't speak for everyone else.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I agree with johnomaz, I could see using the Pad over the Phone if doing sys admin work on the road or oncall... SSH'ing from my phone to my unix server if very very small on the phone display.. Tab would probably be nicer obviously...

droidman101

Reaction score
I really hope they come out with a Wi-Fi model only. it would be great to have around teh house laying on the coffee tabel.
yah then id tether it to my droid, so i can use it elsewhere, lol

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I'm definitely in favor of this tab over the iPad. A front & back camera, Adobe Flash Player, running Android 2.2, plus it's smaller. Basically destroys iPad in my book.

Big_Ron

Reaction score
yah then id tether it to my droid, so i can use it elsewhere, lol

That’s my point. i don’t want two cell plans. my house is all Wi-Fi. I would use the Phone for on the go and the Tab for home. Crapple has a 3G and a Wi-Fi only model. they need to follow suite. With a Wi-Fi only model.