Galaxy S8 Keeps 2K Display, Upgrades Materials, Ditches Home Button

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Galaxy S8 should arrive in about 6 months, and as you can imagine rumors and "leaks" are flowing. We have heard such outlandish things as the Galaxy S8 featuring a 4K display and bezel less display. Today we also found out that the Galaxy S8 might be following in Apple's footsteps by removing the headphone jack which seems silly as this was the most criticized omission possibly any phone ever has seen.

Other reports give us insight to some other interesting things we may see from the upcoming Galaxy S8. According to sources the S8 will keep the 2K display, but will be made of a new material which hopefully means we can expect enhanced durability (hopefully scratch resistance is considered as much as shatter resistance.) The new Super Amoled will feature a standard RGB arrangement with 11,059,200 pixels. That is up from the 7,372,800 pixels included in the Galaxy S7. This should provided a much improved Virtual Reality experience. Other rumors suggest the home button will be gone and we will see a fingerprint scanner embedded in the display's glass. We are still a long way away from the release of this device,but this is shaping up to be a pretty good looking phone.

via SamMobile

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
6 months? The S7 launched in March. And the S6 and S5 in April. I know they aren't going to rush the S8 to avoid any problems like the Note 7, but 6 months would be a little too long I think. Unless I've missed something where Samsung has said it will be that long?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
I'm one of the few here that think the Note 7 creating a product gap may be a blessing. Why? Because product cycles have gotten insanely short. One is no more out the door before the next one is announced. Let's also take note on the fact that a serious genre bending feature update doesn't truly come out but about every two or three years anyway.
I would rather see longer development times translate to better built devices. Maybe keep the same body for two or three years but each model year has different parts under the hood. Production costs would end up lower, development costs could be amortized over a longer product life cycle, much the way automotive and PC manufacturing has gone.
Most people are locked in for two years anyway, so why give yourself less time than you've got?