Galaxy S4 and WIFI help.....

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by loco, Jan 24, 2014.

1. loco

loco Member

Ratings:
    +9
    This is not the standard WIFI question that has been floated around, and is kind of off topic, but at the same time.....not off topic.

I am the proud owner of a fantastic Verizon Galaxy S4. Love the phone, switched from an iPhone several months ago.

Here is the tricky part. My employer provides us with an open Wi-Fi. I have my own office. The Wi-Fi signal seems to stop at my office door. Everyone outside of my office with their iPhones gets the signal just fine. Inside my office with my Galaxy, I do not get enough signal to accomplish regular tasks. I also don't receive a strong enough data signal inside of my building.

So, here is my question. I really need to figure out a way to either increase the signal strength of the wifi or figure out a way to make this galaxy s4 receive the signal better. Do those wifi extenders work in this type of situation, or one of those magic things you put behind the battery of the phone increase its reception ??

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    A portable WiFi router would work. It will pick up the original signal and rebroadcast it as if you were next to the original source.

3. loco

loco Member

Ratings:
    +9
    thanks for the reply. can you suggest one ? have you done this type of thing in the past ?

4. bbtkd

bbtkd Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I would not advise trying to solve this on your own, by installing network equipment. IT departments typically do not allow that, and some places may even fire you depending on your position and value to the company. Work with IT, or whomever administers your network. It may only require slightly repositioning a Wifi router or antenna. Or they may install an additional router.

5. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    I have used the TP-Link and ASUS models you'll find here. Five Best Travel Routers

If the company is already providing a free AP then it shouldn't be a problem but you may want to check with the IT dept.

6. loco

loco Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Great advice. Thank you to all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
galaxy s4 wifi boost

how to boost wifi signal on galaxy s4

how to boost wifi signal on samsung galaxy s4
how to get a strong wifi signal on my galaxy s4
how to increase wifi signal on galaxy s4