Galaxy Nexus or Droid RAZR?

MattWheelerGA

Reaction score
I am getting a new handset and can't decide between the GNex and the RAZR. I had my heart set on the GNex, but after reading a few reviews, I'm stumped. Help!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got the razr maxx yesterday after months of debating ... cant be any happier.
What ever one you chose you'll be happy.

This thing is smooth as butter. I was wanting ics, but if it never comes it wont matter to me.
maxx'ed out....

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
2nd the Maxx, it's fast has more than enough memory and of course the battery life is amazing! ICS who needs it?

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Cwagmire

Reaction score
2nd the Maxx, it's fast has more than enough memory and of course the battery life is amazing! ICS who needs it?

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Maxx is looking pretty good. Gnex's battery life reviews completely turned me off from it. My upgrade isn't until April though so I'll have to see what's available then.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If battery is what you're after, you HAVE to go with the Maxx. If you're into hacking and modding, there's not a phone out with more support than the GNex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
All of the phones out now are great. I'd say if you plan to keep it for the full two years it would be worth trying out a couple different ones to help you decide. I love the Nexus to bits! To me it's a decent jump from GB. When I use the Nexus next to the Bionic it makes that GB/Moto UI seem out dated. Just my opinion.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you thought about the HTC Rezound? My upgrade is 2/26, and I'm throwing my money in HTC's pocket. Motorola has lost a customer with their choppy D2.

Reaction score
Decisions Decisions What are there pros and cons other then ones battery life better then the other. One doesnt have an SD card slot right?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I am getting a new handset and can't decide between the GNex and the RAZR. I had my heart set on the GNex, but after reading a few reviews, I'm stumped. Help!
I used to say Razr, but now I say Nexus.

The Nexus doesnt have SD, but it has a way better display and Vanillla Android. It also has embedded NFC. Just make sure you get one with a working Radio, and make sure you send it back until you get one. It might be a hassle, but I think it is worth it if your only alternative is to just go with the Razr.

I dont hate the Razr, but I cant imagine getting less than a 720p phone at this point.

Reaction score
The nexus i think dose not have the.sd.card sloy. The razr has awesome battery life if u set smart action up and.kill apps every hour or so. Ics is.buggy still i would.get the razr and just wait for it to come to your razr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Decisions Decisions What are there pros and cons other then ones battery life better then the other. One doesnt have an SD card slot right?
Naw, there are more differences than that.

Nexus: Way better display, Vanilla Android, NFC, ICS right now, Removable Battery

Razr: Better battery life(?), thinner/lighter/more durable, SD slot, ICS eventually, Non-removable battery

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Maxx is looking pretty good. Gnex's battery life reviews completely turned me off from it. My upgrade isn't until April though so I'll have to see what's available then.
I think the initial battery life problems were fixed with a software update. And they do have extended batteries for the nexus.

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
The nexus pros: pure ics with no moto crap, better screen, battery life for me.is excellent, have not had any problems with the SD card not.being removable, if you are into rooting you will be happy because this phone has and will have great dev support.
Razr pros: thin and durable, great look
I am a little biased howver as I am a nexus owner but I love this phone but nowadays you almost can't go wrong with any phone...... except an iPhone lol