Galaxy Nexus Coming “Sooner than you think” or Delayed Because of Dispute with Apple?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well here we go again, rumors a flying, and with the CTIA Samsung announcement cancelled, the gossip is non stop. So where does that leave us? First, is Samsung UK’s sales director who confirmed to T3 that we will see the Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime) “sooner” than the second part of this post would lead you to believe.

Here is his quote after receiving an award for their Galaxy SII:

“You will have an announcement of the Nexus Prime very shortly and will be seeing it in shops sooner than you think”

Just sounds like all peaches and cream eh? Well according to a report on Droid-Life.Com The rumor machine Eldar Murtazin, who as an industry reporter, has been pretty hit or miss over the years. And his sources are telling him that some features in Ice Cream Sandwich have come in to question in this never ending patent battle with Apple, leading to a delay.

Delay? Not everyone is buying into this. According to the report, most people who are insiders, as of last week are under the impression that the next Nexus and ICS will be here around the end of the month.

Update: 9to5Google received word from an “impeccable source” saying that invites to the new Samsung/Google event will be sent out in the next couple of days and that there is no dispute over ICS features.

Via: Droid-Life.Com

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
All Sammie has to do is change a few icons (and wouldn't they be stock Google Android icons, anyway?). I seriously doubt this will be delayed because of Apple. If there's a dispute, it's something over Google's Android and the more likely candidate would probably be Mr. Softie.

And how would you know there's an infringement before the new OS has even been officially released? Unless, of course, Google tried to license a patent that fell through.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I know it sounds selfish, but i want it to come out next year so my upgrade is ready and it won't be an 'out of date' phone for me =)