Galaxy Nexus 3-in-1 Story; Galaxy Nexus Gets Kicked Down But will Come Back Fighting

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 5, 2012.

1. jpiarull

jpiarull Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force Droid
    Twitter:
    jpiarull
    To those who think Siri is an original product, you are dead wrong, voice recognition technology has existed long before Siri, ever heard of V-Lingo? Google search via voice recognition, blue-tooth, among other audible sensing technology existed waaay before this latest lame, grave, and ridiculous injunction. Apple's argument holds no water in my book, apparently you need an engineer to describe to lawyers who's right and wrong here...:icon_eek:

2. GBH2

GBH2 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    With all due respect - it IS her job to determine the validity of the patent, the scope of the claims and to determine whether or not the elements used by Samsung and Google infringe the claims of the Apple patent.

That said, it is a preliminary injunction and Samsung's attorneys may have not have made the best case to have it denied. In Judge Koh's defense she can only look at the evidence presented to her. I do think the patent should have never issued, at least not with the broad scope that it seems to have. I am confident that the patent in question will eventually be restricted in scope if not invalidated all together. I DO think it is a problem having US District court judges with no technology background making many of these determinations.(I don't care where she worked, she herself has no technology background)