Galaxy G2 vs. Bionic?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I'm good to go for a new every 2 phone in September so it looks like I may have a choice of the Bionic or S2.

I'm in a 4g area so that's a no brainer, no 4g in G2 and it's Bionic...and I don't need or want a slide out keyboard. What is important is HDMI out and HD video and a bright screen for outdoor use.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Ron W.

C

Communisum

Sg2 was confirmed to have 4g, and they have an hdmi from charger cord, and the specs are pretty good.... I'm thinkin sg2..

bplewis24

Reaction score
SG2 is not confirmed to have 4G, that was either a mistake or an inadvertent leak that was later retracted. Either way, it's not confirmed.

Brandon

Joshison

Reaction score
Sg2 was confirmed to have 4g, and they have an hdmi from charger cord, and the specs are pretty good.... I'm thinkin sg2..
It has not been confirmed to have 4g, and also I dont get why people need an hdmi out.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has not been confirmed to have 4g, and also I dont get why people need an hdmi out.

I don't know that anyone really needs hdmi out, but I know I would definitely like to have hdmi out as it is a feature I could see myself utilizing.

DoctorV

Reaction score
The GSII needs to come out ASAP. It has the potential to steal all of the poor Bionic waiters. Samsung can make another killing here in the States if it just moves it's ass.

Vito.a

Reaction score
SG2 is not confirmed to have 4G, that was either a mistake or an inadvertent leak that was later retracted. Either way, it's not confirmed.

Brandon

The original report that said the SG II would have 4G was a mistake, and they really meant the Galaxy tablet.

SG II may or may not have 4G. The argument against it is they cannot fit it in the case. But, the Samsung Charge is one of the thinnest and lightest phones and Samsung fit a 4g LTE radio in it.

Reaction score
Wasn't it reported the other carriers will have 4g? It only makes sense for the vzw one to as well... they haven't been making all the rookie mistakes moto has been lately :/

You have just been post pwned

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Brandon

The original report that said the SG II would have 4G was a mistake, and they really meant the Galaxy tablet.

SG II may or may not have 4G. The argument against it is they cannot fit it in the case. But, the Samsung Charge is one of the thinnest and lightest phones and Samsung fit a 4g LTE radio in it.

Compare phones: Samsung Droid Charge, HTC DROID Incredible 2, Samsung Fascinate - Phone Arena

The Fascinate and Incredible 2 is thinner and lighter than the Charge.

This is with the GS2:

Compare phones: Samsung Droid Charge, LG Revolution, Samsung Galaxy S II - Phone Arena

Compare some other phone's dimensions to the Charge... I dont think the Charge is all that thin. Its probably the thinnest and lightest Verizon LTE phone right now tho; but especially compared to the GS2...overseas version anyway ...it is thicker.

dasfxt

Reaction score
Let's hope LTE will be included with the GS2 even if it means making a thicker phone.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
We know from reviews that the SII is a solid phone, though LTE is still up in the air. The Bionic, despite sporting impressive specs, is still a phantom device. If you can't upgrade 'til September anyway, just wait for the Bionic to get thoroughly tested and then make your decision.