Galaxy Button Lights Allows You To Change Touch Key Light Duration

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Have you ever wanted to change the amount of time the backlights of the back and recent buttons on your Galaxy phone stay on? Some of you may have wanted to turn off the backlights completely. Now you can thanks to developer "NotQuiteInsane" who has just released a super simple app "Galaxy Button Lights". The app allows you to set the time duration for both the back button and recent's button on your Galaxy device. This does require Root if you wish for the settings to be saved. Head to the Play Link for more info and the download.

via Play Store

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This has come standard on the last few Galaxy S models.
VOMeIXa.png
strange that it doesn't on the S6.
Changing the color would be a sweet option.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This has come standard on the last few Galaxy S models.
VOMeIXa.png
strange that it doesn't on the S6.
Changing the color would be a sweet option.

S5 tap'n
Thought that was standard on all of them? Pretty sure my S4 had the option and, unless I'm crazy, my Note 4 does too. I remember having shut them off completely on the Note for a while in an effort to squeeze out just that much more battery life, but ended up turning them back on.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
No, your right Jonny. I just wasn't sure if the Note series had it too, but thanks for confirming.
I've also turned mine completely off thinking it would save battery life, but there wasn't a noticeable difference, so I keep mine set to 1.5.
Perhaps the dev responsible for this app will include some features not available in the stock settings.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah they removed it from the S6. I wonder if they ever fixed the light bleed that shines around the buttons in a dark room on the white models?

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This will definitely be a welcomed app for S6 users then.

S5 tap'n

I have a similar situation with my Note Edge where I use use a third party app to increase the functionality of the side panel. Sammy makes me scratch my head sometimes.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have a similar situation with my Note Edge where I use use a third party app to increase the functionality of the side panel. Sammy makes me scratch my head sometimes.

Which app and what does it do? I have downloaded a few of the edge panel apps but curious which app you are making reference too :)...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Which app and what does it do? I have downloaded a few of the edge panel apps but curious which app you are making reference too :)...

It is called EdgeBoard. I downloaded it from Galaxy Apps (Samsung's App Store).

It allows me to put any app on the sidepanel. For instance I use Chrome Beta, instead of Chrome, but the regular Edge settings won't allow me to put it over there. It only recognizes regular Chrome.

It adds a taskmanager, clock, and date, a battery icon, etc as well.

It installs 3 extra panels to choose from in the settings app.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Cool @Ollie - I will have to check that one out as I don't think I have it downloaded...I haven't had any issues with the default favorites edge panel in recognizing apps :)...