G2 update...already?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
This is quite fishy, I was surfing the net and caught an article highlighting that there was an update being pushed to the G2's, and half way through the article I got the pop-up informing me of the update.

At first I thought it was a patch to kill root and bootloader bypass, but this would be a record turn around for Verizon for an update of any kind at all. Anyone download and keep root and exploit? Whats going on? :blink:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what i read it was an update to patch the exploit. And since vzw has been known for that might want to hold tight until developers get a chance to mess with it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
From what i read it was an update to patch the exploit. And since vzw has been known for that might want to hold tight until developers get a chance to mess with it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Actually it's not, developers are claiming it's just a baseband update. I just got done scouring XDA's site and both root and TWRP is maintained after update, I'm installing the update now but I'm not rooted or anything yet. Aside from the ability to tether I'm really not missing root at all.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Also my RAM usage has dropped about 10% according to the the Clear RAM widget that came with the phone. Interesting.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Yea I'm going to give it at least a week to straighten out and perfect it's self. By then ROM's will be out.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I don't even think I want a rom lol. I would love a battery icon mod tho.

If I did it would be a stock ROM debloated, what's included is pretty much all you can ask for.