Droid X2 wont update

mattd1978

Reaction score
my x2 wont update. i'm stuck on v2.2.1. its my work phone and the problem is that pretty regularly it will quit refreshing my inbox so i quit getting emails. i can manually go in there and refresh, but by the time i realize its not working theres 20 emergencies waiting. half the time it works fine so its not data push vs. every 15 min update vs manual refresh. i took it to a verizon store and they confirmed the OS was jacked but because the screen is cracked they cant fix it w out $$.

whenever i click update it tells me the service is unavailable. i thought rooting it might help. same problem. i used titanium backup to backup and then reset the phone. tried updating after reset in both rooted and unrooted modes and i got a little further. it lets me download the update, but when it restarts to do the install it starts back up w the message...update failed.

any ideas?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
How damaged is the phone? I can try to hep you fix the software but if the hardware is damaged then their isnt anything we can do unless you get a undamaged device. Your email isnt syncing, so lets look at that first. did you turn off the sync in the menu? on the power widget, thats the thing with two arrows... if its off then you get your exact problem. Im really unfamilar with the Dx2's rooting game, becuase of its locked bootloader im going to guess that you cant sbf (i have a D1 sorry if i sound off in this) but if you can then thats what id attempt to do. That should give you a clean slate. You could try to actually sbf the update to wear your not relying on the OTA. After a quick google i find this guiide : [GUIDE] How to SBF an X2 Here is the sbf you want to flash i think [SBF] Gingerbread SBF for MB870 Verizon Droid X2 [SBF] - xda-developers their could be a newer one but that one is way ahead with gingerbread and not froyo. hope this helps.