G Mail vs E Mail

Steve C

Reaction score
Hi all. Newbie here. I purchased my Droid this past July and most of its features baffle me. Esp. G/E Mail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a gmail account you'll want to sync it with you droid and that will be your gmail. The email icon is for setting up any secondary email accounts you might have.

the gmail account is important because this will store you contacts and downloaded apps incase you ever need to reset your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve, half of the people that first come into this forum probably don't realize that they have a Google phone. So you want to work with Gmail, Google Calendar as much as possible. Set your mail up in gmail settings for any non gmail accounts you have or use the apps "Touchdown" or K9 if you have issues.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also setup to have Google poll your Pop3 accounts (assuming you have some) and then push those emails to the Gmail app along with the gmail email you will receive. This has, in my experience, been a battery saver instead of having the email app poll periodically for the pop3 emails. Also, it seems the Gmail is getting steady updates that the native email app is not.

You also have other options: K-9 email and others I can't remember right now :).

Good luck.