FXZ to 902,stuck in Motorola Logo

wilboy

Reaction score
Guys my friend call me and his having problem FXZing back to 902...he said that he don't have problem in proccessing it but after all he stuck in Motorola Logo.i couldn't find any answer for him,i tried all but i can't help him...anyone here?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Make sure the battery is fully charged and wipe the cache partition and fxz again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Make sure the battery is fully charged and wipe the cache partition and fxz again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
Thanks man!..that's what i've told him b4..he purchased an extended battery too w/ no avail..told him also to take out his sd card and format it..but still no go...the last thing i told him is to bring it back to Verizon Store for exchange. Hope am right!!:biggrin:
Thanks again man!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends what he means by "stuck". After the FXZ process, the Moto logo stays on the screen for an alarmingly long time, i'd say about 7-10 minutes, before the device starts booting. I believe that what is happening is, the FXZ is actually finalizing its installation in the background. If he's simply giving up after 5 minutes and pulling the battery, he's not waiting long enough. Tell him to FXZ the device, and when it reboots, take a walk around the block. It should be done by the time he gets back, unless "around the block" is a very short distance.

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Depends what he means by "stuck". After the FXZ process, the Moto logo stays on the screen for an alarmingly long time, i'd say about 7-10 minutes, before the device starts booting. I believe that what is happening is, the FXZ is actually finalizing its installation in the background. If he's simply giving up after 5 minutes and pulling the battery, he's not waiting long enough. Tell him to FXZ the device, and when it reboots, take a walk around the block. It should be done by the time he gets back, unless "around the block" is a very short distance.

That's what he did,reason why he purchased another batter...for letting his cell phone sitting for 30+ min in Motorola Logo, but still w/ no luck,for sure he is now in Verizon Store,he followed my advice to bring it back to Verizon Store..:biggrin:I'll call him tonight!Anyway,Thanks Dave...

kamisan

Reaction score
Same issue here, I had liquid 1.5 installed ICS over the cheescaked ICS leak, life was good but data would not come back after wifi,,, do I installed safestrap 2.0 and got stuck at the liquid boot screen, tried to FXZ back and M logo is it.. Tried alot of FXZ's that were supposed to be the fix, none worked. I did call verizon and explained how the OTA update I had been fearful of installing I finally did to fix my data issues. After the OTA update it got stuck..... Their level one then level two asked me to do alot of stuff,, i.e. battery pull, boot to fastboot menu (that was funny, they were telling me wrong) finally they said they would send me a free refurb bionic to replace it. I still want to fix it,, (hate to give up on anything and have un bricked many a device.. ) but if I fail I will wait, then in a few weeks order a samsung galaxy III s...

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Yap..i'am right!like what Kamisan said..they will replace the fone(my friend said) w/in 2 to 5 working days..

kamisan

Reaction score
just a follow up

Got my verizon replacement bionic (made sure in RSD lite that it had nothing on it (you can see the phone model etc,, well on mine it shows nothing) ,, (i.e. flashed 902 though it doesnt take but it will have at least hopefully no half baked ICS software to show I messed with it) also moto fast boot and did the commands to wipe,, etc..

New phone had no sim no battery or door and no sd card, used what I had and it works fine,,

did OTA update to 902 then 905 then flashed the 905toICS V 230 update over that,
did razors edge root method and with set CPU I get 1.2 on this,, ( I only ever got 1 on my old one and it was one of the first bionics out)

Did not de odex (not theming anything) plus from reading online about odex.. uses less internal memory and loads a little quicker- just not theme change friendly

running apex launcher, no data issue, extremely fast,,, not sure you get the swap at a verizon store, but over the phone was easy. Box came with pre paid postage to return my old one. Really glad I did it.
P.S. waiting on sIII since I hear the VZW version has locked bootloader and I do not want to pay $600 for one..

So my setup now is
230 ICS rooted, apex launcher, Set cpu with standard of 800-1.2 1000-1.2 during call 300-600 when screen is off, 600-800 when battery is below 40%
1 minute screen timout and using Motorola auto actions to turn wifi on at home and bluetooth on during working hours.

link2sd to move many apps to a partition on the class 10 16gb sd card, not all just many,, games and home based apps (widgets or anything active on the home screens) I leave internal, just seems to run faster.

samurais script to upgrade works but I choose to copy the 905-ICS 230 portion to my sd card and use stock recovery to load it..

Battery mods do not work, guessing it is a permission thing. WIFI mobile hotstpot does work after you go to the database (settings.db) and change permissions prior to trying to use SQLlite to edit the entitlement check digit..

no audio issues, no lag, really liking my bionic for a nice change.

I'm no dev but if you try any of this out and get stick send me a message I will gladly try to help.

4g is solid, 3g hand off works, flash works, video streaming works, no problems, no reboots, no FC..