902 to 905 Update Problems, Please Help

droidbionicdude

Reaction score
Hey everybody, let me start off by telling you what I do and dont have. My phone is a Bionic, it was rooted but I unrooted it. Ive only ever run the stock ROM, and I had frozen a few apps. I'm running 5.9.902. I got the 905 update notification, tried to update but it kept failing halfway through. I unrooted and unfroze all of my apps, but still failed. I ran a factory reset and it's still failing. I've though of maybe doing the fxz thing to either 902 and trying to update to 905, or just doing fxz to 905, but I'm not too confident in my abilities and I need some advice or help before I permanently screw up my phone. I've done a ton of research and googling, but I can't find any definite solutions anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I think that an app or two may not have been restored right, if this is the case would doing the fxz to 902 fix this and allow me to update to 905? I'm not 100% sure that this is the problem but I have a hunch.

Edit: I fxz'd to .902 then updated to .905 on the phone... and it worked! This thread can be closed now, but hopefully somebody with the same problem can get some help from this in the future.