Fury on Facebook

tehpriest

Reaction score
While our dear Lord continues to shine down Android blessings on your fine country they seems to be few and far between for us in the rest of the world. Moto has just announced 2.2 for us and in their words it is going to be "A Free update" so why the fury? Well they have said it will only begin to roll out at the end of the year. That means for most Milestone owners it will be Q2 of 2011 before they are likely to receive it if at all. As for Cliq and Dext, well they have been officially abandoned.

If anyone of our cousins in the fair US of A has any contacts in media or any influence with Moto then please please put a word in for us lesser mortals. Ad no this is not irony or sarcasm but a genuine plea.

Motorola Europe | Facebook

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While our dear Lord continues to shine down Android blessings on your fine country they seems to be few and far between for us in the rest of the world. Moto has just announced 2.2 for us and in their words it is going to be "A Free update" so why the fury? Well they have said it will only begin to roll out at the end of the year. That means for most Milestone owners it will be Q2 of 2011 before they are likely to receive it if at all. As for Cliq and Dext, well they have been officially abandoned.

If anyone of our cousins in the fair US of A has any contacts in media or any influence with Moto then please please put a word in for us lesser mortals. Ad no this is not irony or sarcasm but a genuine plea.

Motorola Europe | Facebook

One would think that the Milestone, which is such a close cousin of the Droid would have been included in the Froyo 2.2 updates. It does indeed look like they've rather shunned our other brother and sister Android users across the globe.

Nothing I can personally do but to acknowledge your post and hope that maybe somebody somewhere else on the internet takes notice. tehpriest, sorry that the milestone users have to wait so long. Hopefully they have better things ahead for you.

Have they stopped producing the Milestone or is that still available in stores in Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world?

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Thank you for your support. As you may read elswhere I will be talking to my supplier tomorrow with a view to exchanging for a Glaxy S. Shame because I really like the Milestone and bought it gor the slide out keyboard, Android system and Flash support. Sadly even though I have got used to and now like tyhe keyboard the other feature let downs are too much.

Have they stopped producing the Milestone or is that still available in stores in Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world?

Yes it is still on sale from Expansys and Carphone Warehouse as well as others online. Still advertised as the "Phone without compromise" but Motorola have removed all references to Flash from their adverts now.

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
It may have something to do with the special feature of Milestone they did not give you on the Droid :icon_ nana: You know. The one that helps keep the memory fresh and lowers your call bills. That's right the automatic and random reboot feature feature that can cut in several times a day. Perhaps we are being a bit to sensitive :r_c: LOL

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
first you want our help in WWI

then again, in WWII

now this..... when do the handouts end lol

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Excuse me. Half my blood built Pennsylvania and the other half New York. So we gave you the Steelers and the Giants. Time for a little help in return :icon_ nana: