Full horizontal video

conductor64

Reaction score
How can I get videos to display at the full 854 wide screen? If I convert one of my dvds, it only shows up at 720 wide with black bars on the ends and of course shrinks the top too if I want to keep the original size. Even if I import videos with a much higher resolution than the native screen displays it won't work. I can't seem to get a full screen movie on here at least width wise (I do expect letterbox). Are we limited to only 720 wide, decreasing the full screen potential? The phone specs say a display of 854 x 480 but say that video playback resolution is 720 x 480 (D1).

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

How can I get videos to display at the full 854 wide screen? If I convert one of my dvds, it only shows up at 720 wide with black bars on the ends and of course shrinks the top too if I want to keep the original size. Even if I import videos with a much higher resolution than the native screen displays it won't work. I can't seem to get a full screen movie on here at least width wise (I do expect letterbox). Are we limited to only 720 wide, decreasing the full screen potential? The phone specs say a display of 854 x 480 but say that video playback resolution is 720 x 480 (D1).

848x480 as well as 854x480 resolution will work just fine, but most widescreen movies have black borders actually encoded in them to comply with DVD standard.

image004.gif

If you convert a DVD to a video file and do not cut off these borders (cropping) they will become part of the video file, and video player programs will treat the borders as video, so they do not scale properly.

With your converter you will have to enable some form of cropping to eliminate these black borders.

image008.gif

so it will look like this:

image006.gif