Full battery charge?

pilot25

Reaction score
Anyone else have this? You charge the battery overnight and it goes to 100% but then drops back to 99% stating a full charge?

I have had this on two different batteries.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Anyone else have this? You charge the battery overnight and it goes to 100% but then drops back to 99% stating a full charge?

I have had this on two different batteries.

When you reach 100% the phone stops charging, drains a little bit, then charges again. This prevents the battery from exploding, which extensive testing found to be something the consumers were not in favor of.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Unplug and plug it back in. It will go back to "charging"

naman919

Reaction score
When you reach 100% the phone stops charging, drains a little bit, then charges again. This prevents the battery from exploding, which extensive testing found to be something the consumers were not in favor of.

I woke up this morning and my phone was at 98% charge after bring plugged in all night. I have read a few threads now and while it's still plugged in I'm now at 96%. Odd....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I find if I check mine after overnight charging it is usually at 98-99%. I let it go into sleep mode and go back a few minutes later and it shows 100%.

naman919

Reaction score
Word. I also found that with 4g and just web browsing my phone dropped to 90% while plugged in! Guess I can NEVER use 4g while navigating. Hell, I'm not even sure the car charger will be ample enough to keep the phone alive if I navigate somewhere. Smh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums