Battery goes down overnight while charging

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I'm using the battery it came with and the charger and over night it usually goes down to 97% or 98%. On the lock screen it says its charged but when I go into settings it shows the battery not at 100% but says that it is full. Is this normal?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums Screenshot_2011-12-19-10-47-58.png

flyinion

Reaction score
I had that happen the first day the first time I put it on the charger. It was stuck at 99. I rebooted with it plugged in and it forced it to kick off and charge the last 1%. You might try that.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Ive already rebooted several times. Its every time it charges it goes to 100% but then goes down some. If I unplug it and reconnect the charger it will charge all the way up but then it just goes down again.

alienware777

Reaction score
With lithium ion batteries, its bad for the battery to be at full and no charge. The chargers are therefore made to only charge close to full, but never all the way. From the lockscreen it shows full because most people don't know this and would rather see 100. From the battery stats it shows your true amount. You can 'bump' charge it if you like , but its bad for the phone. Bump çharging is whenever it stops charging you just unplug ans replug the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rbw62

Reaction score
Mine goes down after all nighter as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Oh alright thanks I was hoping I wasn't the only one and that my battery was messed up.