Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 Pre...

jferrato7

Reaction score
Hey just saw in ROM Manager that there was a new Kangerade...just wondering if anyone has tried it or know what the difference are? Im reluctant to try anything before someone else has...and there is no forum on it etc...So before I DL I just wanted to get some addl input or others who have tried it beforehand! Thanks guys! Hopefully this will also make others aware that there is a new JRummy ROM out there as well!!! :)

Joe
Moto Droid BB.04 w. Black Glass and Chevy LV 800mhzdancedroid

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
hmm? im using the latest kangerade, its running pretty smooth... but its not the "5.0.9" though, what i have is 4.0.7. i love the music app, the ring delay was gone, and other good stuff, you should try it out man..

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Looks like J put up 5.0.9 for people who like to test new roms. 4.0.7 is still the current stable release.

OP
J

jferrato7

Reaction score
I love JRummy's ROM's but right now BB.04 has just been faster and has less problems, plus I love the Black Glass theme...But I've been following the new Kangerade (and used it...LOVE the nex-tang theme) but Im waiting till a smoother more stable ROM comes. Not to say his roms arent stable...cause they are. I just prefer BB right now. But thats why Im wondering what the new one is all about. If its any better than his 4.0.7 release...cause if it is...Ill be downloading immediately at work! Haha Thanks for the info though bro. I love his music app as well! the 4x2 version is the best. Love seeing the album art while being on the home screen with the widget unlike the stock music app!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

justreboot

Reaction score
I saw this too / not much to go on, but my guess is this is a non-Froyo based Rom (maybe Cyanogen based).... Maybe JR will fill us in...

Last edited:

kwattro

Reaction score
Guys, it clearly says Froyo Kangerade.......so, my guess its a 2.2 Rom with different version/build

devinhfox

Reaction score
downloading now,
57% complete.
will kit

EDIT:
Just finished loading. So far, don't see any differences, except that I lost my transparent status pulldown background. It is perhaps a bit snappier, although can't tell just yet as sometimes a reboot can help with performance.
Stock theme.
'Kangerade Scripts' app seems to have been modified, at the very least least it had a facelift.
Will report more later.

Last edited:

kwattro

Reaction score
This rom flies!!!, it is un-themed but very stable. MMS works like a charm, battery is better than 4.0.7, no random reboots, stable even with 1200mhz Chevy MV kernel, no glitch in video or YouTube hd, gallery loads fast and flies thru pics. Market updates fine with purchased apps as well, Wi-Fi tethering works and connects fast, hotspot still needs resolution, Bluetooth works and pairs great..it all just works so far..music widgets are nice...they don’t disappear when you play music...lol....Id take this rom any day over a good themed rom for sure. I have taken a screenshots of my Quadrant score

Last edited:

obededom

Reaction score
This rom flies!!!, it is un-themed but very stable. MMS works like a charm, battery is better than 4.0.7, no random reboots, stable even with 1200mhz Chevy lv kernel, no glitch in video or YouTube hd, gallery loads fast and flies thru pics. Market updates fine with purchased apps as well, Wi-Fi tethering works and connects fast, hotspot still needs resolution, Bluetooth works and pairs great..it all just works so far..music widgets are nice...they don’t disappear when you play music...lol....Id take this rom any day over a good themed rom for sure. I have taken a screenshots of my Quadrant score

how long have you been running it?

kwattro

Reaction score
This rom flies!!!, it is un-themed but very stable. MMS works like a charm, battery is better than 4.0.7, no random reboots, stable even with 1200mhz Chevy lv kernel, no glitch in video or YouTube hd, gallery loads fast and flies thru pics. Market updates fine with purchased apps as well, Wi-Fi tethering works and connects fast, hotspot still needs resolution, Bluetooth works and pairs great..it all just works so far..music widgets are nice...they don’t disappear when you play music...lol....Id take this rom any day over a good themed rom for sure. I have taken a screenshots of my Quadrant score

how long have you been running it?

been running it since this morning Mtn Time around 11am

kwattro

Reaction score
I wonder which themes will work on this new release, at least glass the face and twit app......anyone?

I will test a theme or two and keep you guys posted

Last edited:

bigdad63

Reaction score
I've hadit since four today. So far very smooth and stable. All contacts and programs synced. Left the stock kernel of 800 and pulling around 1100 on quadrant. Had to install flash and that's working smoothly.GPS is working well for navigation, weather and web.Bluetooth voicedialing is working well too. Running launcher pro (smooth and you can hide the title bar for a nicer look on dark EP) without a problem. Only major things I haven't triedyet are apps to SD and a different keyboard.