Froyo Here For The Droid X

tony1208

Reaction score
Link Removed
okay people listen up...1) be stock, 2) keep root, 3) move su to /xbin from bin .. use root explorer
via tweet

Dissonance

Reaction score
I'm very intrigued by this, but I think I'll let others be the guinea pigs. No hurry here.

DipRip

Reaction score
Been trying to install this for 15 min now. I have made everything stock, removed themes, moved su file like he said. When I try to apply the update either in stock recovery or koush recovery, it gives me an error. Something about longwraper and the bin folder. Anybody else get this to work or is having the same problem as me?

Seano

Reaction score
Been trying to install this for 15 min now. I have made everything stock, removed themes, moved su file like he said. When I try to apply the update either in stock recovery or koush recovery, it gives me an error. Something about longwraper and the bin folder. Anybody else get this to work or is having the same problem as me?

getting the same thing.

DipRip

Reaction score
Thanks Seano. At least I am not the only one. You think with all the time they had to prepare for their announcement, they could at least give us a working patch and/or good instructions.

tx3kgtman

Reaction score
my update was successful and the phone is rebooting now.

Update:::: phone is rebooted with froyo 2.2. Awesome Thanks to everyone who was involved in this and Im going to donate right now :)
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

DipRip

Reaction score
The exact error is:
"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_shadow" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_shadow"

Seems like the update is not compatible with the phone (not signed).

DipRip

Reaction score
my update was successful and the phone is rebooting now.

Can you detail us the process you went through and what state your phone was in?

Were you rooted before? did you use the fabolous stock update to revert back to stock? Any info on how to get this to work would be much appreciated.