Froyo Google Search Option

Hello Droid

Reaction score
How can I change the default search function on froyo to google from bing? I know I can add a widget, but I am looking to change the option on the bottom of the screen. I tried doing a search of the forums, but I get too many results to go through.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

dktk75

Reaction score
How can I change the default search function on froyo to google from bing? I know I can add a widget, but I am looking to change the option on the bottom of the screen. I tried doing a search of the forums, but I get too many results to go through.

the google search bar is in the widget...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
Hello Droid

Hello Droid

Reaction score
I know, but i am looking to change the magnify glass at the bottom of the screen. It is one of the four icons at the bottom of your phone

Jenaht

Reaction score
I had wondered that as well. Don't think we can. However I just use the search app on one of my dock buttons. Would be cool if we can do that tho!

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

yardsale

Reaction score
I installed the google search enhanced pre-froyo and it worked great. Now there seems to be a conflict with froyo. I uninstalled and re-installed but it doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions? I instinctvely use the navigation keys for web search and I really want this to default to google.

This device has been nothing but frustration from day one. I'm no techie, but I'm getting close to attempting to root the thing. Very unlikely that I will ever buy a Samsung phone again.

Vmax

Reaction score
Same here. Enhanced search worked pre-froyo, had to uninstall post-froyo.

fordee11

Reaction score
you dont need to be a techie to do it.. it just takes the ability to follow simple instructions.. read up about it

soulshot96

Reaction score
Root and delete Bing. Violá