Froyo for Incredible

Afredo

Reaction score
now that its apparently fully rootable is there a way to get the froyo 2.2 on it?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Not until there is a leaked ROM for the Incredible or the AOSP gets updated and the ROM built from source. Yeah I know that's kinda crappy news but that's about it.

sdorn

Reaction score
I don't think the Incredible is "fully rooted" yet. They haven't figured out the NAND protection yet, and until they do that they can't provide a custom recovery or the ability to flash roms.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
There is a custom recovery,

But u are right its not fully done yet. It doesn't stick so you have to run the entire procedure each time you want to use the custom recovery. I used it to make my nandroid backup then rebooted and it was gone, did the process again and I could restore my backup n/p so it does work

It is tricky to get the timing down on when to click to send the patched file. thats the hard part for some, My friend was skipping a step so he was saying his phone was inpossible to root. I did it his first shot I bet him 50$ i could do it with at the most 3 battery pulls to start over while the loop.bat was running. He was skipping the step to install from sdcard and letting it error.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mad450r, may I ask why you have three Droids and one Incredible? lol.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Had the moto droid first

I then preordered the DI
after that got 2 bricked MOTO droids, one I was able to revive the other second cost me 50$ to change out under insurance. I have 5 lines on my account.
but 2 of the MOTO droids have no Verizon service they just use wifi for me to mess with theming and trying out new roms.

this way I dont kill the phone I use and need

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So basically you pay $40 per month but you get extra phones/quicker upgrades?