easy way to root droid incredible?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Whats the easiest, simplest way to root a droid incredible running stock 2.2 (froyo)?

dadajack

Reaction score
That all depends on what you consider easy and simple. Google "downgrade incredible adb push". The xda forum link will be the one you need. You need to run some command line instructions, download a few files, and have a pretty good resolve if you are new to adb functions. But, if you follow the instructions, and copy the commands perfectly, the guide works without flaw. I did it myself so I could run unrevoked3 and unrevoked forever from 2.1. Those links are easy enought to find too, and much simpler to execute. Good luck, and read everything twice, ok?

FLAWL3SS

Reaction score
I actually did this yesterday and it worked like a charm. You will have to downgrade to 2.1 stock and then root using unrevoked3. After you do that, you have to S-OFF using unrevoked forever. After this you should probably make a back up using clockwork recovery....Then you apply the OTA update 2.2...I manually updated in clockwork recovery using the update.zip method....Then you have to obtain root once again You do that by following this from XDA xda-developers - View Single Post - How to get Clockwork recovery, busybox, & root on 8/26 leaked RUU 3.21.605.1