Froyo fixed my WiFi issues...

OP
T

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I have an old Fon router I picked up for free. It has always serviced me well with B/G support. When I got the Droid X I could only connect to the "free network" that is provided by the router and not to the MyPlace, or secured, network. Additionally the free network only worked for a few minutes or until hibernation then I couldn't get back on it. this wasn't a huge deal except my house is a dead area for 3g, or so I thought, making this whole process frustrating. I updated to Froyo and now my Droid X is working perfectly with all routers AND NOT ONLY THAT but my 3G connection is top notch even inside my house.

I don't know if Froyo fixes all wifi problems as it may include something else from Motorola specifically for Droid X but it sure is nice to be flying through pages now.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
I have a ancient Linksys router that is B/G. I've tried just about every setting and combination of encryption key possible. I don't have a problem connecting. When the X goes into hibernation, I lose the connection (even though the WiFi indicator is on, and Wi-Fi analyzer is showing a connection.) The only way I can get it back is to turn off the Wi-Fi and turn it back on. What is even more interesting is the 'sporadic-ness' of the disconnects. Usually I turn on Wi-Fi when I am at home, even at night. At times, it will remain connected through the night. Other times, it drops until I check emails, texts, etc. in the morning.

Right now, I am using WPA-TKIP. I really would like to use WPA2-AES for my encryption, but the X doesn't like that setting at all. At least now it maintains some connectivity.

I was hoping FroYo fixed this issue. I've seen mixed opinions here and other sites.

OP
T

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I have a ancient Linksys router that is B/G. I've tried just about every setting and combination of encryption key possible. I don't have a problem connecting. When the X goes into hibernation, I lose the connection (even though the WiFi indicator is on, and Wi-Fi analyzer is showing a connection.) The only way I can get it back is to turn off the Wi-Fi and turn it back on. What is even more interesting is the 'sporadic-ness' of the disconnects. Usually I turn on Wi-Fi when I am at home, even at night. At times, it will remain connected through the night. Other times, it drops until I check emails, texts, etc. in the morning.

Right now, I am using WPA-TKIP. I really would like to use WPA2-AES for my encryption, but the X doesn't like that setting at all. At least now it maintains some connectivity.

I was hoping FroYo fixed this issue. I've seen mixed opinions here and other sites.

Not only did it fix mine but I needn't use special settings or anything.

ebrenton

Reaction score
My X wifi works fine at home but terrible at the office.
Both routers are b/g with WEP security.

I'm still on 2.1 and waiting for the OTA update.
It's good to hear that froyo fixed your wifi issues. I have high hopes for when it finaly comes my way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No look here. We will have none of this positive talk in the Droid Forums.

If you can't make a negative comment, then please do not post at all!!!!

j/k (of course):icon_ devil:

chefb

Reaction score
To tomnationwide are you rooted or did you get the ota ? When did you get it