Front Facing camera functional on ICS

deduct

Reaction score
Oohhh. That explains it. Good to know

sent from my ics bionic

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
These roms are only compatible with safe strap. Why don't you want to use safestrap if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Mostly just preference and experience. How is it that a flashable .zip is only compatible with safestrap? BTW the 3/8 build of CM9 flashed just fine the way I'm accustomed to.

My understanding is that safestrap works via partitions (which I don't want to use) and also that HDMI doesn't work with the "safe ROM" even if it actually supports HDMI.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Mostly just preference and experience. How is it that a flashable .zip is only compatible with safestrap? BTW the 3/8 build of CM9 flashed just fine the way I'm accustomed to.

My understanding is that safestrap works via partitions (which I don't want to use) and also that HDMI doesn't work with the "safe ROM" even if it actually supports HDMI.

I could be wrong in this case. But not all roms are compatible with both safestrap and clockwork. That I know for sure. But maybe these roms are. If you said it worked for the 3-8 build then they must be. I didn't know that. So I guess I learned something new today. Not sure about how safestrap effects HDMI. But all safestrap does is allows you to have two separate roms on your phone. The benefit being that you flash all your roms in safemode. That being said if you encounter a problem flashing a rom there will not be a need to flash a fxz file with rsd lite. You just boot into unsafe mode and your original rooted stock rom will be flashable because it was never overwritten. Chances are if you were using safestrap when you encountered your problem you wouldn't of needed to flash the fxz file. You would have been able to restore your rom on the unsafe side. Then booted back into safe mode and tried to reflash your rom. That's the beauty of safestrap. When you tried to flash your latest rom did you reflash gapps as well?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Yeah I used the recommended gapps,same gapps I'm using with gummy. I'm going to try and follow up with has code ande see if he can confirm compatibility with clockwork. Still not sure why that word be, koush makes both of them. I do appreciate your input though.

I really don't mind rsd, once you have everything set up it onpybtakes about ten minutes to fix a soft brick. Then I just recover apps using ROM toolbox.

Tapped from CM9 for Bionic

gsDroid

Reaction score
DT's AOKP AXI0M rom supports bootstrap or safestrap and installs with gapps already loaded. Using bootstrap has a failsafe built-in to boot to the recovery menu first, allowing re-flashes or restoring a backup.

deduct

Reaction score
I tried axiom a while back but camera was not working. Does it have both back and front cameras working yet?

sent from my ics bionic

deduct

Reaction score
I'm running axiom now. Both cameras work. Hoping data is improved over cm9. Only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripdoozer

Reaction score
I'm running axiom now. Both cameras work. Hoping data is improved over cm9. Only time will tell.

Both cameras work only for still shots, correct?
I am running Gummy 0.8.3 and both cams work for stills, but not vieo (i.e. no video chat). Is this ROM "in the same boat"?

Thanks!

deduct

Reaction score
I just tried it. No video recording I'm afraid. Sure will be soon. Other than that I'm loving it

ripdoozer

Reaction score
I just tried it. No video recording I'm afraid. Sure will be soon. Other than that I'm loving it

Gummy is great too. Much better battery life than CM9. At least on my phone.....

deduct

Reaction score
Same here with axiom. And data seems to be much better than cm9 too. Course I've only been running axiom for a couple of days now.

Reaction score
How's axiom battery life? I'm still running eclipse now.

deduct

Reaction score
Its pretty good. I'm on 13 hours with moderate use. Extended battery

deduct

Reaction score
20% left