Not open for further replies.
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yeah my entire account for webs.com has been shutdown/cancelled for copyright rules

THANKS MOTTO FOR SHOWING US YOUR NO BETTER THAN APPLE

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Me & burry Boi would love to keep developing for THE DROID 2 GLOBAL BUT IF IT IS GOING TO BE THIS MUCH HASSEL IT AINT WORTH IT

gifferjesus

Reaction score
I don't blame you man. I'm looking at the Thunderbolt now, and considering using my Global for target practice out in a field.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Depending on the load we may be seeing, i might be able to host on a home server. I have an old blade server sitting around and could toss a hdd in it. My isp gives me a 250gb cap per month but im willing to run it till i approach that limit. Will be in talks with wozzy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on the load we may be seeing, i might be able to host on a home server. I have an old blade server sitting around and could toss a hdd in it. My isp gives me a 250gb cap per month but im willing to run it till i approach that limit. Will be in talks with wozzy

Don't know if that would be the best idea?

What about a blogger page? Simple and hosted by Google.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rockshox

Reaction score
Or possibly an IRC channel...but no doubt they are reading this so, it won't really matter.

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Remember guys, if it's hosted in North America, you're screwed. They can issue down a take down notice. It'd have to be hosted out of NA. Also, if Moto's reading this, how much does it hurt to lose a tonne of customers for draconian practices?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
What the hell are they exactly claiming the copyright to?????

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
since we were using the OTA SINCE MOTTO HAD TO LOCK THE BOOT LOADERS THATS THE ONLY WAY WE COULD PUSH CUSTOM ROMS OUT BUT THEY HIT US FOR USING THE MOTOROLA DROID 2 GLOBAL PICS ON ARE DEV SITES BANNERS & ALSO HAVE D2G IN ARE SITE NAME/URL THEY EVEN SHUT DOWN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR ACCEPTING PAYMENT FOR COPYRIGHTED ITEMS ....

BASICALLY MOTTO IS BEING WORST THAN APPLE

Pattmyn

Reaction score
It's basically all they can nail us on after the DMCA allowed device modifications.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Me & burry Boi would love to keep developing for THE DROID 2 GLOBAL BUT IF IT IS GOING TO BE THIS MUCH HASSEL IT AINT WORTH IT

Then they win..... don't give up bro. I say we fight this and keep going just to shove it in their faces.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

rustydogg

Reaction score
Damn Motorola they are really getting on my nerves. I'm done with them, after I replace my Droid 2 I'm going to HTC or something else.
No more Moto for me this is just insane.

mentalchaos

Reaction score
Why out of all the sites that have something related to motto yours is the one taken down? Droidforums has a droid in their banner, also droid is in the url, same with xda their site is full phone pics. I don't get it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Why out of all the sites that have something related to motto yours is the one taken down? Droidforums has a droid in their banner, also droid is in the url, same with xda their site is full phone pics. I don't get it.

I think its because we actually dev for their phones when they really dont want us to. Surprised the Freemymoto site hasnt been hit yet.....

droidlady05

Reaction score
I've had motorola phones since my i1000 on Nextel back in 96". I love their build quality, but this is making me scared to get another moto phone when I'm up for an upgrade.

Motorola is starting to seem like apple and/or sony. Scary!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.