FRG83D finally fixed the terrible 2.2 performance problems!!!

sfchris

Reaction score
Certain posters on this forum who shall remain nameless denied that there was ever a performance problem with 2.2 on Droid 1... you know the one where the main screen takes 8 seconds to paint.... But those of us who suffered through it, know it was real, and I am extactic to announce that the recent over the air update totally brought the performance of my phone back to factory reset quality. Hallelujah!!!!

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Agreed Love the original DROID. It has the BEST Red Eye Icon of all and i never get bored with it. It is truly the best phone i owned since the Razr. This phone started it all and glad Moto/VZN are still sending updates for it.

alucard9114

Reaction score
This is the first phone i have had that i have kept for longer than six months i love my droid came from a iphone 3g will never go back.I feel sorry for all the people that have iphone just because all there friends have one.I have complete control of my Droid and i didnt have to hack the snot out of it to get control thank you google verizon and motorola.

sperho

Reaction score
You guys are lucky... it didn't solve the problem for me. Fortunately, I'm rooted and can apply the rock solid local.prop file mod/fix.

ndoren

Reaction score
I have had the "repaint home screen icon" problem forever, and it has not changed with the FRG83D update. It is still problematic and exactly as before... no better and no worse. So, this update didn't fix it for everyone.

The "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" fix in /data/local/prop has NOT been "rock solid" for me. It had no effect. Still love my Droid, though the lag for me remains. Neall

(rooted deodexed FRG83D, LauncherPro, 1.1Ghz OC LV ChevyNo1 kernel).

pyro6128

Reaction score
You guys are lucky... it didn't solve the problem for me. Fortunately, I'm rooted and can apply the rock solid local.prop file mod/fix.

This right here. Ultimate droid+the local.prop fix+= A lagless phone for me. I havent had a single redraw in launcher pro for months now, or whenever that fix came out