freezing issues

brock samson

Reaction score
I got my Droid two days ago and so far have experienced two problems. The first is minor and occurs when I try and zoom in or out. After zooming in the phone will stay in zoom mode so if I try and move the screen right or left it will do an awkward kinda zoom thing. The second problem is a bit more serious and is the phone freezing about 3 or 4 times a day. I can in freeze it by tapping the power button but I'm worried this is abnormal and maybe I should seek a rewòplacement

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Please fill in your phone model in your profile settings here. Your post said you "got your Droid two days ago", but unfortunately you didn't specify exactly which phone model you have. I wish (and maybe you meant) it only meant the "OG" Motorola A855 Droid, but if that is the case, you probably didn't get it new, at least AFAIK they stopped selling new A855 phones a while ago.

Anyways, your issues sound like hardware issues and if you can you should look to a warranty replacement.

good luck

Last edited:
OP
B

brock samson

Reaction score
Sorry, its a Droid incredible and it seems that when I thought it was frozen I was still able to use the optical joystick but I don't know how to change back to the normal mode.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
And I have never used an Incredible, so I'm no use here. But for future reference it would be nice if you still:

Please fill in your phone model in your profile settings here.

That way when you post, people can just look to your profile and see what phone you're talking about.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you happen to have a task killer? If you do get rid of it immediately, it's not necessary. This probably leads to the constant freezing.

I never had a problem with the zoom in feature of my Incredible. Is it only in the browser or does it happen in the gallery and other apps a well?

I haven't found a screen calibration setting for the Incredible so what I would suggest, if you don't mind losing everything, is doing a factory reset. Even if you take it to Verizon, that's most likely what they'll do first before suggesting a replacement unit.