D2G freeze ups

tjl1756

Reaction score
Is it normal for the D2G to continually freeze? I try to take pictures with the standard camera app and half the time it locks up, with no picture saved, even though it made the shutter noise & seemed fine. I use the standard music player & after 4 songs, it just stops. Browse on the web & after 15 minutes, or 2 downloads, it freezes up. If I use the text and try to attach a picture, it freezes at the gallery app. I've cleared unused apps, moved apps to the card, seem to have plenty of memory, but it still freezes. I'm still depending on another phone because I reach for the D2G & find it frozen. I reboot 10xs a day. It appears to me to be god awful memory management in the OS.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it normal for the D2G to continually freeze? I try to take pictures with the standard camera app and half the time it locks up, with no picture saved, even though it made the shutter noise & seemed fine. I use the standard music player & after 4 songs, it just stops. Browse on the web & after 15 minutes, or 2 downloads, it freezes up. If I use the text and try to attach a picture, it freezes at the gallery app. I've cleared unused apps, moved apps to the card, seem to have plenty of memory, but it still freezes. I'm still depending on another phone because I reach for the D2G & find it frozen. I reboot 10xs a day. It appears to me to be god awful memory management in the OS.

How often do you reboot the phone? Also, do you have a task killer installed?

This thread has been Thunder struck!!