Free app to mute notifications only?

Reaction score
At night I like to leave my ringer on but I don't want my phone going off when I get a text or email. When I had the droidmod rom I could do this with the Quick Settings app. Now that I've updated to BB0.8 it won't let me turn only the notifications off. The ringer volume is tied to it.

I tried the audio manager app, but it's the same thing.

Thanks, dan

mmarcuse

Reaction score
Here's what I do: I have a silent audio file (create one with your favorite audio editing tool) set up as both a ringer and a notification sound (use Ringdroid). I use Toggle Settings (or Locale would work too) to switch my notification and ringer tones to the 'silent' ringer at night (and back to normal in the morning). I also set special ringers for contacts who I would want to take emergency calls from at night. I don't silence my ringer at all at night, but since the notifications will use a 'silence' audio file, it's the same effect, and in this manner I only hear the phone at night if I get a call from one of my contacts with special ringers.

coupon

Reaction score
I use sound manager app. In order to set 2 different things, from home screen -> menu -> settings -> sound & display. Deselect "Use incoming call volume for notifications."

OP
R
Reaction score
I use sound manager app. In order to set 2 different things, from home screen -> menu -> settings -> sound & display. Deselect "Use incoming call volume for notifications."

thanks for the different suggestions, but this is what I needed. quick settings works now the way it used to, i forgot about this option when I upgraded. thank you very much. funny, i just read a post about this option a few minutes ago in another thread but it didnt click.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Or instead of using an App you can just turn off sound notifications for email and messages.

In each app (email, gmail, messaging, etc..) just go in to their settings and turn sound notifications off.

My email only vibrates for me, txt messages only make noise after work but not at night (using Timeriffic app for that...but using the phones stock ability to turn sound notifications off).