notification settings

droidmoon86

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with my notification settinhs. Is it possible to turn off notifications for email without unsyncing? Perhaps I'm misunderdstanding the sync.. I thought that meant it would pull in my emails. .not control notification. Sorry this is still new to me!

2nd question.. I want to change the notification ring to one of the ringtone songs I have as my ringer. Its not showing up in the notification settings is this possible or can you only use the ones provided?

RobertDroid

Reaction score
Sync has nothing to do with notifications. Like you said, sync gets your mail, notification lets you know it's there. You can control notifications from the Settings menu in the e-mail app, including turning off notifications by account. For example, I have notifications turned on for my work (Exchange) mail and off for my GMail.

OP
D

droidmoon86

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! I just set the notifications from the gmail app. Much better.

Now I just need to find out about the ringer for notifications... also, can you make a new ring for alarms?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
notifications has a set of ringtones available that can be changed.
this phone has a ton of notificaiton possibilities but i'll focus on one email

EMAIL NOTIFICATION
go into your email program (you see a list of emails)
click on menu (to the left of the house- the lines)
click account settings
beneath email settings chose- SELECT RINGTONE & pick one.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I
2nd question.. I want to change the notification ring to one of the ringtone songs I have as my ringer. Its not showing up in the notification settings is this possible or can you only use the ones provided?

Connect your phone to your PC (plug usb in, pull down notification bar on phone, select usb connected, then select "mount"). Your phone will show up as an external drive on your PC. Go in and create a folder called notifications. Then add whatever ringtone you want to that folder (just copy it from whatever folder it's currently in and paste a copy in the notifications folder, but don't cut/delete it from it's original location or it won't work as a ringtone). "Safely remove" the phone from the PC and "unmount" it on your phone, then it should show up as an option in your notification list.

aerosmfrk1

Reaction score
all my notifactions are ringing or what have u but my phone ringer is not. ive done the battery pull but still nothing.any ideas?